Beauty Therapy refresher courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippaclare

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to Salon Geek :)

I was hoping some of you might be able to help me?

I trained at college a few years ago and passed the Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2.

An opportunity has opened for me which I would very much like to consider! When I left college I chose a different career path which in many ways I regret. Anyway its hopefully time forme to brush up on some old skills. Unfortunately the college over here doesnt offer refresher courses. I live in the Isle of Man you see.

Are refresher courses something that Beauty Schools offer? I have had a quick mooch about and there are 2/3 day courses out there. Would these courses really be good enough?

Advice please :)

Thanks in advance x

You could always do a few one day courses to 'refresh'

You already have the knowledge and skills so I think you'd be fine with some short courses.

Yes that's what I was thinking. I have emailed a few places in and around Liverpool so I am just waiting to hear back!

Do you know of any colleges that you could recommend to me?

Yes that's what I was thinking. I have emailed a few places in and around Liverpool so I am just waiting to hear back!

Do you know of any colleges that you could recommend to me?

What exactly are you looking to refresh.Product companies often offer training.You already have basic qualifications.Try and get the courses on recommendation.

Facials, massage and waxing. I have looked into the Carlton Institute and they do short courses. I have read some mixed reviews on SG though. I figure if its to refresh it could be an option.

If you decide on a facial product, some of them offer training with their product which includes a facial. I was looking for a waxing course for my daughter and I notice the college near hers offers a short 2 day a week waxing course, but with your experience I imagine a one day waxing course at somewhere like capital should suffice.

Latest posts

Back