Beauty Therapy VTCT Level 2 advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richardphil1971

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been accepted to study beauty and spa therapy at Cardiff College in September 2018.
Can anyone who has studied Beauty Therapy VTCT Level 2 give me some advice as to what the course involves, how much work is involved, portfolios etc. From the information I have seen on the website, the course has the extra spa units tagged onto it.
Also Im looking for some voluntary experience in a salon in the Pontypool / Cwmbran area to give me some extra experience. I'm already qualified in 3 styles of massage as well as a diploma in a&p, also hot stones massage.
Also I'm a fella!

My daughter did the Level 2 vtct Beauty Therapy course at college last year (although she was a school leaver there were also adults on her course). They didn't have the Spa units tagged on though. The adults were in college about 14-15 hours per week for the practical and theory sessions, which included A&P. They mainly completed their workbooks for each unit at home though (about 15 units). From what I understand, there are certain units each college has to include and then they can pick from a selection of optional units to tag on.

Our college has a commercial salon where they carried out their practical assessments and they took several written exams throughout the latter part of the year. (Hers were multiple choice questions and quite a lot of labelling A&P diagrams - they did the exams on laptops).

I don't know if this is the sort of information you were after so apologies if it's not very helpful! Good luck with your course, I loved every minute when I went back to do level 3 last year!

I finished my level 2 last year (2 evenings a week). We did facial, wax, 3 manicures, makeup and eyebrow/eyelash tint. We also did gel polish, manual tan and pedicure but we had to pay £30 each for these (they were optional) x

Latest posts

Back