Beauty | TV Beauty Expert Gina Akers Ambassador for Professional Register

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
TV beauty expert Gina Akers has become the first Ambassador for the Professional Registers for Beauty, Nails and Spa.

The registers, overseen by Habia and SkillsActive were launched in 2013 following a call from employers to raise quality and standards across the industry. These voluntary and independent registers recognise relevant expertise and industry qualifications to offer assurance to the public that all registered beauty professionals have suitable qualifications and the ability to perform their specific roles.

The Registers provide a system of regulation for the industry to ensure that individuals meet agreed National Occupational Standards (NOS), which describe the knowledge, competence and skills of good practice.

Gina says, "I am in full support of the Professional Registers for Beauty, Nails and Spa. I am an advocate for maintaining professional standards in these industries. I believe these industries should be more regulated and the Professional Registers are a step in the right direction towards this."

"As the ambassador for the registers, I believe that going forward the Professional Registers for Beauty, Nails and Spa will provide an insightful benchmark useful to both consumers and employers in identifying 'professionals' within the industry, that are operating at national standards."

As an ambassador for the Professional Registers for Beauty, Nails and Spa Gina will meet regularly as part of the advisory committee, a group of professionals from across the industry to guide how the registers need to operate ensuring their success.

Gina has over 23 years’ experience and a vast, varied and unique background in the beauty industry which attracted Habia to enlist her as an Ambassador. Thought of as one of the UK's most qualified and best known beauty experts, she holds the equivalent of 5 degrees and 10 A ‘Levels including a BA Hons in Business Management from Oxford Brookes University. Gina is also a qualified FE Lecturer and NVQ Assessor and owned and ran her own 5 star hair and beauty salon for 10 years.

She regularly appears as a TV and media beauty ad image expert recently presenting beauty features for ‘ITV’s This Morning, 'ITV's Alan Titchmarsh Show', interviewing X-Factor contestants for web-TV and as on screen beauty and nails expert for BBC One TV show 'Fake Britain'. Other TV appearances include Bravo TV, shopping channels QVC, JML and Ideal World and shopping TV in Europe. She appeared in Channel 4's 'The Salon' continuously for 6 months.

To find out more about the Professional Registers for Beauty, Nails and Spa visit:

Beauty Professionals

Nail Professionals

Spa Professionals

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 09.03.26.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 09.03.26.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Back