Beauty uk at the nec in april?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clara doon

Reaction score
hey geeks I hope someone can help.

I won't be able to make excel in Feb, bit gutted as I was hoping to make this one but some thing always comes up!!.

I had a leaflet in last months scratch about a show coming up in April at the NEC, but I've lost the leaflet with the website... so I was wondering if any of you know who will be showing there? any information would be really fab xx

cheers geeks x

if you put birmingham show in search at the top of the page it should come up with your answer, i asked about it the other day so there is a couple of replies to it.:hug:

I'd be interested to see this too........wouldn't want to miss out!

Hi,

The Beauty Show at the NEC is nothing special. If anything, it's really crap.

There is minimal nail stuff and looks more like a large market stall than anything else. Loads of teeth whitening stuff and things like that, but nothing of any real value.

There's not much on the Beauty front either.

I went in 2005 and was dissapointed and didn't bother going last year. But from the reviews that were posted on here, it was even worse than the 2005 show.

Marlise

Hi,

The Beauty Show at the NEC is nothing special. If anything, it's really crap.

There is minimal nail stuff and looks more like a large market stall than anything else. Loads of teeth whitening stuff and things like that, but nothing of any real value.

There's not much on the Beauty front either.

I went in 2005 and was dissapointed and didn't bother going last year. But from the reviews that were posted on here, it was even worse than the 2005 show.

Marlise

Yes last year was worse than year before but if you are just going to pick up supplys its worth it.

Im not sure its even on this year as if you look through the Events page on NEC website between now & end of april there is no mention of the show. It is called British Beauty.

Is there a nail comp at this show this year?? I cant remember where I saw it, (one of the nail mags)but Im sure there is a competition for salon nails, as you would do in salon for every day clients.
Can any one help with information regarding entering? Entry Forms or web site?

Hey cheers guys for your insight on this, you may have saved me a journey!:lol:

I had a registration card come through the door today its now called Beauty UK & is on 29th & 30th April.

www.beautyuk.org

but have tried the link & it doesn't work !!

Also it shows a map of the nec & the show is in hall 12 which is one of the smallest halls on there. Looks like its going to be worse than the previous ones lol

I had a registration card come through the door today its now called Beauty UK & is on 29th & 30th April.

www.beautyuk.org

but have tried the link & it doesn't work !!

Also it shows a map of the nec & the show is in hall 12 which is one of the smallest halls on there. Looks like its going to be worse than the previous ones lol

Hi Juliette,

You beat me to it :lol:

Got mine last night and the marketing looks a lot better than previous years. To be honest, I didn't actually see in which hall they were as I was trying to see if they had a list of exhibitors on there, but nothing.

Was going to bring it with me this morning to have a look, but I forgot !

Marlise

Hi,

I can tell you that there is definately a nail competition taking place at the NEC this year, as part of BeautyUK on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th April.

The competition is brand new - UK Nail Tech 2007 - and incorporates three levels of skill:

Top Tech - where judges are looking for the ultimate in perfection in competition nails. Categories include Wrap, Gel, L&P, Sculpt, Newcomer, Nail Art and Photographic (photographic theme is James Bond).

Salon Nail Challenge - Salon Nail Challenge and Salon Nail Art Challenge are designed to showcase the UK's best salon techs. You will be marked against the same criteria as the Top Tech categories, but your nails will be designed to meet salon requirements, not competition.

Student Nail Challenge - same as above but for students.

We're hoping the industry will get really excited about this new competition as it's different from anything that's been run in the UK before. It's being organised jointly between Guild News (who run the Scottish Nail Technician of the Year in Edinburgh) and Professional Beauty.

We understand how daunting entering your first competition can be, which is why the Salon Nail Challenge encourages those who are confident that their salon nails are fabulous to compete before stepping up to the Top Tech category if they choose. If you like you can enter up to 5 different categories!

If you'd like more information, contact [email protected] who can send you application forms.

As an aside, BeautyUK is a brand new exhibition and training congress at the NEC - it is not the show which ran previously - and is being organised by Guild News and Professional Beauty. It would be great to see as many nail techs as possible there, so if you'd like free tickets telephone 01332 227698.

hi, i think you may be meaning beauty uk, i have a leaflet here telling me about it for 29-30 april 07 at nec birmingham. the link for website is ;
www.beautyuk.org but it doesnt appear to work?
:cry:

Trying to find out a little more on this. Like who will be exhibiting. Don't seem to be having much luck with any of the searches I've done.

Can anyone clue me up on this?

Your right guys the link doesn't work, have tried to google, but there doesn't appear to be any information.

A little frustrating...so would really appreciate some help.:)

Trying to find out a little more on this. Like who will be exhibiting. Don't seem to be having much luck with any of the searches I've done.

Can anyone clue me up on this?

Your right guys the link doesn't work, have tried to google, but there doesn't appear to be any information.

A little frustrating...so would really appreciate some help.:)

SNAP !

I have tried obtaining info about who is exhibiting but nothing ! :mad:

I think it will be better than previous years though as its in association with Professional Beauty & The Guild News.

It is odd though that their own website doesn't work & there are no ad's in any of the trade mags. Very strange.

When I log on to Professional Beauty there don't seem to be anything on that either. It's a bit of a pig, I don't want to have to wait until September for another show. But they seem to be the only ones where they give you enough info.

you have to support these shows in order for them to become bigger and worthwhile for your suppliers, so far you guys are doing a good job at bringing it down ..... Rome wasn't built in a day, support your industry, it doen't cost that much to do it, get off the net, get off your asses and go.
If you don't go, don't complain theres nothing happening close to you. You guys haven't been in the industry long enough to be cynical (i've checked all your profiles).

you have to support these shows in order for them to become bigger and worthwhile for your suppliers, so far you guys are doing a good job at bringing it down ..... Rome wasn't built in a day, support your industry, it doen't cost that much to do it, get off the net, get off your asses and go.
If you don't go, don't complain theres nothing happening close to you. You guys haven't been in the industry long enough to be cynical (i've checked all your profiles).
Carl, I do appreciate what you're saying here, but personally all I want is a little more information than just " beauty show on what ever date". That's all which I hardly think is putting the show down.
If something like this is to be successful surely there should be more information to give, to interest people to go?
May be I haven't been in the nail industry long enough to express that opinion!? Can't say I appreciate being called cynical when all I'm trying to do is gather some info. I do find your answer a bit on the patronising side.:irked:
But thanks for your input anyway.

So I ask again, if anyone could help on this it would be much appreciated.
Cheers :)

I know what your saying but I have been to the show in question for the last two years (& as far as im aware its only been running two years).

I will be going this year as it seems to have been relaunched & has the backing of The Guild & Pro Beauty but lets face it any show that doesn't advertise or have a working website isn't going to get many people registering for it never mind getting of their arse to go !!

Thank you Emma, well done for finding this!
:)

Latest posts

Back