Beauty website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hi.

For the past few weeks ive seen a great few spray tanning/beauty websites.And ive been deeply considering getting my own website for my mobile spray tanning. Im ok with desiging it etc..But im not too sure on how to get onto google search engine, i would like to be higher in the search.

Do you think its worth havign a website?
also does anyone know how to work google advertising?

thanks xx

Did you not say in a previous post that you were a web designer?

Did you not say in a previous post that you were a web designer?

I have taken a course in web designing yes, i can do that just not sure on advertising on google x

Ah right, I thought you had said you were a web designer because any decent web designer would know how to optomize. My mistake.
I'm sure there are tutorials on here from Seanny or do a search on website optimization.

on the google home page there is a link to there advertising programs just below the search box, that should have the info ur needing.

also how long have u had ur website, and what do u do to promote it?

i work in marketing so may be able to give so more ideas. :)

on the google home page there is a link to there advertising programs just below the search box, that should have the info ur needing.

also how long have u had ur website, and what do u do to promote it?

i work in marketing so may be able to give so more ideas. :)

Hey thank you for your advice.At the moment i dont have one but would like to have one. I would be promoting it by telling clients and would be on my leaflets.xxx

You can advertise your salon on the internet using googleads - those blue adverts you see on the right when you search for something.

The nice thing about these is that you can target your audience fairly specifically - you don't want your advert to appear when someone in Jamaica searches for a hair salon (unless you have one in Jamaica).

There are also a couple of other things you can do to make it more likely that you'll appear on the first page when someone is actually looking for a salon rather than information in general. I won't go into more detail here but give me a shout if you want the info.

You can advertise your salon on the internet using googleads - those blue adverts you see on the right when you search for something.

The nice thing about these is that you can target your audience fairly specifically - you don't want your advert to appear when someone in Jamaica searches for a hair salon (unless you have one in Jamaica).

There are also a couple of other things you can do to make it more likely that you'll appear on the first page when someone is actually looking for a salon rather than information in general. I won't go into more detail here but give me a shout if you want the info.
I am sure your info would benefit a lot of people on the site and they would welcome reading it,
so go on share your knowledge, that is what this site is about,
sharing with others your expertise,
welcome to the site by the way :hug:

I'd love to know how to do it. Pretty please?:green:

Hi Just a few ideas - click on the google advertising programme on the normal google seach page and choose adwords and follow the link. The guy doing my website says this is one of the best ways of getting yourself noticed. Other things include how your website is actually constructed and how it is written - this is where paying a web designer is a good idea - google and other search engines have to like the way your website is constructed - i.e it must not violate their rules. You can also buy search engine optimisation packages from web providers - look at UK cheapest.:)

You may want to try using Meta tags within the <head> of your web pages. These are useful for search engine optimisation.

e.g. the following meta tag will tell search engines to index your site:

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />

then there are other useful ones like the description tag for a brief description of your site, e.g.

<meta name="description" content="My Salon, Beauty and Nails, Birmingham, UK" />

and then keywords for a list of key words for your site, e.g.

<meta name="keywords" content="beauty, nails, waxing, facials, nail extensions, eyelash tinting" />

Hope that helps :)

Ruth

i get quite a lot of business through my website. it was designed by a geek on this site called dangermouse. you could get in touch with her if your looking for some professional help.

Hi,

Sorry to look like a smarty-pants. But we also own a web-design company (don't worry, im not going to be cheesy and advertise it here!)

Search engine algorhythms don't actually look for meta-tags so much anymore (won't do any harm to add them though)

In the short term there's a saying in SEO (search engine optimisation) that "content is king"- make sure your site is relavent and get it linked to other sites (search engines will judge you on how many inbound links you have to your site- they see this as a "validation" of your site), get yourself listed on internet directories also. Search Engine software is written so cleverly these days that theres really not a lot you do to trick it in to listing you higher. Patience is a key.

We've just launched a site (the one below!) and we don't expect it to get decent search results for months, you really can't waltz in and over-take existing sites.

There's a reason that Google are a multi-billion pound business and its because people like me and you want the same thing- that's to be in the front page of a Google search, so natually they make you pay for this with google ad-words. These arent a bad thing, and as Peter said in a previous post they let you target an audience specifially- just be aware that you will pay per click.

A lot of people tend to start off with ad-words and then gradually tone the use of them down as there more "natural searches" kick in. Be aware, however, that this process is likely to take months.

Unfortunately, for the layman, its unrealistic to think that you're going to be appearing on the front page of Google, for free, anytime soon after a launching a website.

Have a good think about what you want the site to achieve. Perhaps the best way to use it while your site is being "spidered" by the engines is to include it on as much marketing collateral as you can, rather than expecting to get enquiries from the web itself. Use it as a reference point.

Don't let that put you off though! Get your site well designed, make it relevant, get it linked and have a good think about a marketing plan.

Last edited:
I have used the google ad-words system for my other business interests and I have found them effective, but it just takes a while for you to see where you are getting the most clicks from, ie. which keywords the people are entering the most often.

The more specific you are with your keywords and descriptions, the higher you will come on the list when somebody enters them, but of course it's very hard to come top of the list unless your website is getting some serious traffic.

Latest posts

Back