Beauty Works clip ins dry after one wash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AM99

Reaction score
Hey,
After months of research I finally invested in some clip ins from beauty works. Initially I was really impressed, so soft, thick and shiny. I did some research into good shampoo and conditioner for hair extensions and because I'm on a budget bought OGX sulphate and paraben free coconut shampoo and their argan oil conditioner. I washed them for the first time yesterday and let them air dry, combing frequently. However they've dried really frizzy and dry looking. Theyre huge from frizz and lost their shine. I'm still to try heat on them and a hair mask (as I've left them at a friends, the hair mask is loreals series expert). I'm just worried they'll not be the same again. Have I done everything right? Are the products I've used suitable and is there anything I can do to make them look how they did?
Thanks for any help,
Abbie

(Oh just thought I'd better add that I'd worn them to a festival and they had got knotted, I brushed them out with a wide comb brush as gentle as possible but could it maybe be this that has damaged them?)

Hey, I did nano rings on a client just over a week ago, she messaged saying they've gone wispy and frizzy and she used that shampoo and conditioner! maybe its a no go for hair extensions as I've not come across it happening before so its a coincidence its also happened to your hair extensions, all I can suggest is hair treatments and masks, maybe leave a deep conditioner on them over night and wash off in the morning xxx

Hey, I did nano rings on a client just over a week ago, she messaged saying they've gone wispy and frizzy and she used that shampoo and conditioner! maybe its a no go for hair extensions as I've not come across it happening before so its a coincidence its also happened to your hair extensions, all I can suggest is hair treatments and masks, maybe leave a deep conditioner on them over night and wash off in the morning xxx
Ah thanks very much! I'll invest in some proper beauty works products I think just to be on the safe side! Going to pop a loreal hair mask on overnight tonight and hopefully that'll sort it a bit! It already looked much better after I curled them but still looked dry when I tried straightening X

Latest posts

Back