Beauty Works full of split ends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherryglitter

Reaction score
I got beauty works stick tips put in about a month ago, this is the first time I've used them. The hair is meant to last up to 6 months but it is full split ends already! I try not to straighten my hair too much and always use hear protection spray. I'm qualified in hair extensions so I know I'm looking after them properly. Has anyone else experienced anything similar or know how I can prevent this getting worse? Thanks

You've gone wrong by going for hair that's only popular because of the name and not the quality. Beauty Works reputation has seriously gone downhill lately! There are much better suppliers, with cheaper prices with hair 10x better!

You've gone wrong by going for hair that's only popular because of the name and not the quality. Beauty Works reputation has seriously gone downhill lately! There are much better suppliers, with cheaper prices with hair 10x better!
I have literally spent hours searching this forum thing to find what hair supplier to go with, whenever I think I have decided I'll see a really negative comment about them! What would you reccomend? I was thinking studio 58 Russian or Euphoria one...

Studio 58 Russian is really good from my experience. But affordability/longevity Transform Mongolian is your best bet! What application method have you got? Prestige also have Russian/Mongolian flat tips which are lovely x

Studio 58 Russian is really good from my experience. But affordability/longevity Transform Mongolian is your best bet! What application method have you got? Prestige also have Russian/Mongolian flat tips which are lovely x
I use micro bead stick tips, I think I'm leaning towards studio 58 Russian but seen a few negative things about the hair. Do you ever have any problems with split ends in extensions? Thanks x

I have used beauty works bonds and they got dry and had split ends within 2 months and they were in shade 4 aswell so I expected them to last a lot longer as they were a darker shade. But then I've also had there wefts before that have lasted me ages so think there quality might be quite up and down.
I used studio58 colour 60 on my client (who's also a extension Technican) last week and the hair was the really nice and thick could see it was double drawn. She always has studio58 (we both trained with studio58) and yeah she says it's her favourite brand lasts the longest and she's tried quite a few :) I also like prestige hair X

I have used beauty works bonds and they got dry and had split ends within 2 months and they were in shade 4 aswell so I expected them to last a lot longer as they were a darker shade. But then I've also had there wefts before that have lasted me ages so think there quality might be quite up and down.
I used studio58 colour 60 on my client (who's also a extension Technican) last week and the hair was the really nice and thick could see it was double drawn. She always has studio58 (we both trained with studio58) and yeah she says it's her favourite brand lasts the longest and she's tried quite a few :) I also like prestige hair X
Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely leaning towards studio 58, just a bit worried a few people said it can get dry but I'll have to try it for myself :) xx

The person above is referring to Studio 58's Indian range, as the Russian range isn't double drawn

Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely leaning towards studio 58, just a bit worried a few people said it can get dry but I'll have to try it for myself :) xx
Yeah I'd still give them a try:) also I did order some samples of there Russian range and I wasn't hugely impressed with them tbh were too thin for me but they do have lots of good reviews on there website X

Really? I thought they were really thick considering they're naturally drawn.

This photo is 180 strands after 6 months! My client had really thick hair too!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459758395.714268.jpg

The person above is referring to Studio 58's Indian range, as the Russian range isn't double drawn
Some colours are now available as double drawn, and we are making a gradual change to the entire range being dd x

Yeah I'd still give them a try:) also I did order some samples of there Russian range and I wasn't hugely impressed with them tbh were too thin for me but they do have lots of good reviews on there website X
A couple of strands are never going to give a true reflection of how a full fitting is going to look. We are making a gradual change to the entire range being dd - but each strand of current stock is still a full 1g x

How much trade discount do they give at studio 58 ?

They also add VAT at checkout x

They also add VAT at checkout x

They aren't the only hair extension supplier to do this, however I do wonder if they know by law that if they sell to consumers that they have to show VAT inclusive prices and not just at the checkout...

I got beauty works stick tips put in about a month ago, this is the first time I've used them. The hair is meant to last up to 6 months but it is full split ends already! I try not to straighten my hair too much and always use hear protection spray. I'm qualified in hair extensions so I know I'm looking after them properly. Has anyone else experienced anything similar or know how I can prevent this getting worse? Thanks

Beauty Works hair is usually of a very high quality. Did you contact them? Very surprised cos lots of my students use this hair and have said they are very happy. Any hair company can have "off batches" so would suggest you send it back to be tested, seems best thing to do. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back