BeautyUK @ NEC - Missing Exhibitors ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CND did not show at Edinburgh in March I was hugely disappointed! Surely a market leader could afford expense of stand if less well known brands showcase:sad:

much to my regret I invested in OPI gel nail system which was way more expensive , I bought into it believing polish is great brand I use , however I am bitterly disappointed and am now left with a full system I simply have no confidence in. Added 3 more polishes lasr week which cost 30 each and no matter what I do shrinking, I know I have went of track sorry but my point is CND was my first choice and I wanted a demo not to invest a lot of money without seeing before buying so personally they in my opinion should be at an Industry Beauty show less well known brands showcase at .

And I'm not 10 mins away from Birmingham Sadly .

Like geeg has said CND are only along the road form the highland centre where the show was held. it was super busy, people dropping in before and after the show. they've done this a few times with the Edinburgh beauty show.

That's a shame your not having much luck with the OPI range. I use axxium sog and after i did the training and got used to working with it I didnt have any problems. the colour range of OPI is amazing.

I thought it was all brows at the nec. I did manage to get a matt top coat lol and a free gift will my scratch subscription and I always enjoy a day out lol xxx
Totally agree, for nails it wasnt that great this year, every where u looked was brows and lashes , ill be off to london excel next year

I feel that S2 should put all their news on a page on their website, not just their side line of facebook etc. If I want information about a company or news about them, then I obviously go straight to their company website.

I wouldnt dream of just updating people on just my facebook page. The main electronic advertising source for all companies is website, facebook and others come second. Im sorry but to me, it kind of says "I cant be bothered, just plonk it on facebook for now."

If you only have facebook as your advertising medium then fine, but if you have a website, then you should update both with news and events.

Thanks for reading, moan over.

Totally agree, for nails it wasnt that great this year, every where u looked was brows and lashes , ill be off to london excel next year

I think there are definate "trends" at shows. I felt that this year at the Edinburgh it was all HD brows. great if you do HD brows but its a bit boring if you dont. a few years ago it was all fish pedicure companies. Excel was fab was gutted I missed it this year.

So I went to the show - worse then usual!

Too many chocolate fountains, jewellery, tarot, bulk products (companies who buy stuff cheap from China who don't work in the industry just want to make easy sales), stands selling discounted hair products (TIGI), cheap perfume companies.

So few big brands there!! And it was quiet too!

I feel that S2 should put all their news on a page on their website, not just their side line of facebook etc. If I want information about a company or news about them, then I obviously go straight to their company website.

I wouldnt dream of just updating people on just my facebook page. The main electronic advertising source for all companies is website, facebook and others come second. Im sorry but to me, it kind of says "I cant be bothered, just plonk it on facebook for now."

If you only have facebook as your advertising medium then fine, but if you have a website, then you should update both with news and events.

Thanks for reading, moan over.

Here here! Exactly my thoughts :)! I tried to look for open days so you can go nosey at products/demos before paying a massive fee for a course and couldn't find anything on the website. x

If it was something specific and meant a bit of travelling to I would alway call and ask to be on the safe side
Vicki xx

I went to beauty uk & enjoyed it but I never go to Cnd at a show coz the queues are way to long & I keep Up to date on sweet squared! One thing that made me roll with laughter was a well named brand offering samples of a cuticle oil saying it was made by the same company as solar oil!!! Err I don't think so & I told her so! She just glared at me lol

Thank you Geeg and Mrs M

For info on CND will remember that for future and will contact Fingertips Centre for some info and join CND FB just wish I could go to Leeds to meet Geeg as would be such a thrill x

Thank you Geeg and Mrs M

For info on CND will remember that for future and will contact Fingertips Centre for some info and join CND FB just wish I could go to Leeds to meet Geeg as would be such a thrill x

It is Sweet Squared FB you need to join to get UK news Hun. Or sweet squared twitter. We do a huge amount through the social network.

I will take all comments to S2 re the website. Thank you for the feedback..

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. FWIW, we have NEVER been to NEC. In fact, I have never been to the show. Ever. So we wouldn't have thought about posting "we aren't going where we have never gone" :D

We have to pick and chose our shows as we invest a LOT of money (you would drop a jaw at how much a show costs us just to walk in to) not to mention people power to pull them off to our satisfaction.

I appreciate some people just anticipate we will be at a show, but keep in mind that S2 have only ever done 5 shows in its entire history. Twice at Excel, once at Olympia, once Scotland and once in Manchester.

This year we are currently only planning on one other show: Olympia.

It is a simple reason and easy to check before the show who is going to be there.

The Organizers simply do not get the numbers through the doors to justify the expense of our booth and staff etc.

S2 do 3-4 shows a year which is ample. It is also a train ride away to go and visit the head office location to see and experience ALL! I am there next Monday all day doing 2 seminars ... You and all are welcome. 10 minutes taxi ride from the train station! Free no tickets required just show up for 10am or 2pm. Bring your copy of nailclass if you want me to sign it for you.

You never need to be missing out if you seriously want to meet with those who can help. I'm so sorry you were disappointed, but we have always said we do not do Birmingham.

No fairrrr i can't get to Leeds to get my Nailclass signed :(

CND did not show at Edinburgh in March I was hugely disappointed! Surely a market leader could afford expense of stand if less well known brands showcase:sad:

I hate to say honestly you would never believe the cost in these stands they are extortionate and even larger companies have to buget

So I went to the show - worse then usual!

Too many chocolate fountains, jewellery, tarot, bulk products (companies who buy stuff cheap from China who don't work in the industry just want to make easy sales), stands selling discounted hair products (TIGI), cheap perfume companies.

So few big brands there!! And it was quiet too!

And loads of crappy scissor stalls! The pushy sales people selling cheap tat did my head in. I felt like I was at a market!

Apart from that it was OK

And loads of crappy scissor stalls! The pushy sales people selling cheap tat did my head in. I felt like I was at a market!

Apart from that it was OK

and people wonder why the big brands do not want to go if this is the case, its no longer professional

Hi Everyone
As a show organiser i accept your comments and take them on board. The reason all beauty trade shows also allow the smaller stands selling other items is because we don't want to make shows inaccessible for smaller businesses that might be looking to work with the beauty industry. Beauty shows should not be elitist or judgemental, they should be there to support all companies whether they are big or small. I'm really sorry you feel so strongly about this but we believe all businesses deserve a chance to succeed in life and would never want to judge whether a person is suitable to attend our show or not.

I think it is a case of the chicken and the egg really. If Birmingham can't attract the bigger companies then it won't attract the therapists, if it can't attract the therapists then it won't attract the big companies.

I have been several times and it always seems to be the poor cousin of the shows which is a shame. I really do think that if more well known companies exhibited there then more people would come. I read through the list this year and decided it just wasn't worth the journey as there were just not enough stands I wanted to look at.

Whist I accept the smaller companies should be welcomed and encouraged, I fail to see the connection between things like Tarot and Chocolate Fountains and the beauty industry. I do, however understand that you have to fill the spaces and if proper beauty companies don't take the stands then they are open for marginal companies to take. :)

much to my regret I invested in OPI gel nail system which was way more expensive , I bought into it believing polish is great brand I use , however I am bitterly disappointed and am now left with a full system I simply have no confidence in. Added 3 more polishes lasr week which cost 30 each and no matter what I do shrinking, I know I have went of track sorry but my point is CND was my first choice and I wanted a demo not to invest a lot of money without seeing before buying so personally they in my opinion should be at an Industry Beauty show less well known brands showcase at .

And I'm not 10 mins away from Birmingham Sadly .

I went to the fingertips centre using their 'limo' from outside the Highland Centre, and it was the best thing I ever did. The staff were fab, the limo driver was good fun (thanks for helping me with my bags btw), and I got my Shellac. Best trip I ever made.

As for the show, well, it had a LOT to be desired. Myself and a lot of other therapists were very dissapointed, I felt it was a lot of non-pro's out for the day trying to get themselves a bargain. I couldn't get near most if the stands (mainly due to those out for a day trip) :mad: I am looking to attend a different show next year.

JBeauty, sorry to hear you were dissapointed with your products xx

Hi Everyone
As a show organiser i accept your comments and take them on board. The reason all beauty trade shows also allow the smaller stands selling other items is because we don't want to make shows inaccessible for smaller businesses that might be looking to work with the beauty industry. Beauty shows should not be elitist or judgemental, they should be there to support all companies whether they are big or small. I'm really sorry you feel so strongly about this but we believe all businesses deserve a chance to succeed in life and would never want to judge whether a person is suitable to attend our show or not.

Of course beauty shows should be elitist! They should be for professionals for a start! And then the exhibitors should at the least be relevant to the theme of the show ....

The reason any organisers let these little booths in is because they haven't sold the space,
the more important companies who would take larger spaces aren't there, so they HAVE to fill the space with whatever they can get or cancel the show.

Shows like this become a horrendously expensive PR exercise for most companies and if the people dont come then the sales cannot justify the expense and losses are made which companies cannot sustain ... Much better for us to invest our money into things like the EVENT that we run every other year for our customers, special offers, etc. and the shows we do attend that are a better investment for us and where the end justifies the means.

Last edited:
Hello again
I just noticed the line about FingerTips and thought i'd pass on the information that there will not be a limo service outside the Highland Centre next year. It was probably an innocent misunderstanding or oversight but the show organisers were not asked beforehand if they could do this. We'd love to see Fingertips next year but they will need to book a stand to be fair to our other customers.

Latest posts

Back