BeautyUK @ NEC - Missing Exhibitors ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello again
I just noticed the line about FingerTips and thought i'd pass on the information that there will not be a limo service outside the Highland Centre next year. It was probably an innocent misunderstanding or oversight but the show organisers were not asked beforehand if they could do this. We'd love to see Fingertips next year but they will need to book a stand to be fair to our other customers.

Can I ask will you be stopping Taxies/mini buses, family members, friends dropping or picking up people from the Highland Centre?
As I could see this as being a bit of a problem I don't see how you can stop a mini bus doing the same thing?
The Fingertips Centre are bringing you customers that would otherwise not going to the Beauty Show so stopping them isn't going to be in the shows best interest!?

Hi Klassy Klaws
Rather than waste good geek space you can email me about this and we can answer your questions then re usage of the private roads and car park. I take it from your above comments that you weren't aware these are not public roads they belong to the venue paid for by the show organiser and are for visitors to the show to see the show brands and are monitored by security. The facilities (parking/roads) cannot be used by a company to allow them access to our visitors without actually being at the show, that's not fair on our exhibitors? Would you like NSI, OPI or Jessica to put on a bus service to take people away from your clients salons? How would they feel about that??

I can completely understand if you do not want to go to trade shows that is your prerogative but here you are basically saying you want to use our marketing vehicles as we spend a lot of money promoting the show to raise awareness with the therapists and we spend a lot of money hiring the venue and then for you to use our car parking? And then we should allow a company that hasn't supported the event by exhibiting take the business away from our customers?

My email is [email protected] so please drop me a quick one when you have a moment and we can clarify things for you to make sure it doesn't have a knock on effect to your seperate event and you can arrange to send the parking facilites information to your clients.

Like i said it's probably just because we haven't openly communicated about it before, it's always good to talk! I'm sure you have out of courtesy already asked someone in the organisers company if you can do this as the above premise just doesn't make sense to me but then i am very tired after the show yesterday :)
We can discuss that off line as it's going to make boring geek chat but we do need to talk as i don't want your show clients stranded at our show not knowing how to get to yours ;-)

Hi Klassy Klaws
Rather than waste good geek space you can email me about this and we can answer your questions then re usage of the private roads and car park. I take it from your above comments that you weren't aware these are not public roads they belong to the venue paid for by the show organiser and are for visitors to the show to see the show brands and are monitored by security. The facilities (parking/roads) cannot be used by a company to allow them access to our visitors without actually being at the show, that's not fair on our exhibitors? Would you like NSI, OPI or Jessica to put on a bus service to take people away from your clients salons? How would they feel about that??

I can completely understand if you do not want to go to trade shows that is your prerogative but here you are basically saying you want to use our marketing vehicles as we spend a lot of money promoting the show to raise awareness with the therapists and we spend a lot of money hiring the venue and then for you to use our car parking? And then we should allow a company that hasn't supported the event by exhibiting take the business away from our customers?

My email is [email protected] so please drop me a quick one when you have a moment and we can clarify things for you to make sure it doesn't have a knock on effect to your seperate event and you can arrange to send the parking facilites information to your clients.

Like i said it's probably just because we haven't openly communicated about it before, it's always good to talk! I'm sure you have out of courtesy already asked someone in the organisers company if you can do this as the above premise just doesn't make sense to me but then i am very tired after the show yesterday :)
We can discuss that off line as it's going to make boring geek chat but we do need to talk as i don't want your show clients stranded at our show not knowing how to get to yours ;-)[/quote]

I don't know quite why you are aiming this at me as I do not have anything to do with the organisation of The Fingertips Centres open day, i am an independent CND Educator Ambassador and the points you have brought up really have nothing to do with me.
My comment to you was about how you would want to stop people being driven to your event isn't it better to have these people who maybe wouldn't come without the offer of transport?

If you have issues with anything that the Fingertips Centre have done then you need to contact them :hug:

Hi Klassy Klaws
Not having a go just wanting to explain the reason why they won't be there offering a bus service that's all :)
Show organisers will work with the industry in every way they can but i'm just explaining why it can't happen again to everyone. We've got to take care of our customers, they're really loyal and so enthusiastic about wanting to meet therapists and work with them :)
I just don't want there to be any geeks turn up at the event with no way of getting to fingertips that's all :)

I went to the Birmingham show, and I was suprised at the quality of merchandise on sale - I was very suprised to see 2 x tarot computer read stalls (?) - ( with queues!!!) and perfume sellers with microphones giving the 'these are free you just pay for one' routine. Lots of cheap unbranded extras from abroad on a mixed stalls - a bit market like. A few well known brands made up for that for me, but from now on I will be sticking with Manchester. On the plus side, less busy!
I still came away with a new LED lamp & colours and hey - dont knock that chocolate fountain!

The question was asked about Birmingham and not the Scottish show. Can we please keep the thread on topic? :D

CND did not show at Edinburgh in March I was hugely disappointed! Surely a market leader could afford expense of stand if less well known brands showcase:sad:

much to my regret I invested in OPI gel nail system which was way more expensive , I bought into it believing polish is great brand I use , however I am bitterly disappointed and am now left with a full system I simply have no confidence in. Added 3 more polishes lasr week which cost 30 each and no matter what I do shrinking, I know I have went of track sorry but my point is CND was my first choice and I wanted a demo not to invest a lot of money without seeing before buying so personally they in my opinion should be at an Industry Beauty show less well known brands showcase at .

And I'm not 10 mins away from Birmingham Sadly .

Personally, the best and wisest thing you could of done, was have lots of samples of lots of different brands on individual nails, do the correct after care and write down the good and bad points about each one on your nails. Or go to different salons and have full sets of different gel brands etc.
That way, you know how the look, feel, watch how they are applied, looking at size of bottles and so on. That way, you will be confident in what your buying and believe in it.
If you can't do it - do the training!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I would like to Thank the lovely Fiona Wallace who was kind enough to give me advice on the Fingertips in Edinburgh:Love:

I went to the NEC (National Exhibition Centre Birmingham) today all excited as I was hoping to see CND amongst other exhibitioners, but CND just wasnt there. WHY oh Why ?? This has bugged me no end. Is Birmingham just not a big enough Venue & simply not good enough ?

I really wanted to invest in CND Shellac and before I did that I wanted to give their lamp a good looking over because I wanted to see for myself that it would also work with Bio Sculpture (curing all 5 fingers /thumbs at the same time).

Bio Sculpture are never there either & I would really love to simply know why??

Did anyone else go today? Did any of you find any interesting gems that I may have missed ?
yes i was there as well i was surpised at tarot readsing as well as perfume stalls it was more like a bargain basement i thought

Latest posts

Back