Beautyworks Celeb Choice complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clazaridis

Reaction score
I've had a complaint from a lady on the quality of the hair. I've used beautyworks celebrity choice which I've used on loads of clients who have said they prefer it to celebrity elite bohyme remy....she had half head and 5 weeks later asked me to replace it due to it going dry and knotty. I asked her to go halves on the cost of the new hair until the report came back from beautyworks. I haven't had a report back yet, however she's now sent me a Facebook message stating trading standards and that she's had an independent hairdresser out to try to save them with no notification to me about this course of action she's taken. She also says the colour doesn't match either yet none of this has been raised and its 6 weeks since I refitted the new batch of hair. She's asking for £295 as a refund for all monies spent on the hair and fittings.

What would you advise...as I don't know what else I can do??

Thanks
Claire

It sounds like you might be trying too hard to please the client.

Why did you offer to replace the hair for half price? Did you believe that there was something wrong with it? If so, you probably should have replaced it for free.

However, assuming the report came back that the problem was caused by poor aftercare, would you have seriously expected the client to pay the remaining 50% owed?

Providing that:

1. the hair isn't faulty,
2. you did a thorough consultation,
3. performed the service to a professional standard and,
4. gave her detailed after care advice,

Trading Standards won't be remotely interested so don't let her idle threats worry you.

In fact, if the hair isn't faulty she owes you money and you need to send her a bill. ;)

You put her hair in which costs time! Dont refund for the fitting. Its probably a bad batch or what did she use to wash it etc? Dont be panicking its a horrible feeling when things like this happen though x

Thanks for the thoughts on this. She agreed that she would pay half for the new hair until a report came back on the old hair, if it is faulty I was going to refund the other half to her...I've never seen the beautyworks hair in such bad condition so I automatically thought it must be a faulty batch, because everyone else has found it to be amazing and really easy to look after! So you don't think trading standards will be bothered?? She's says the second install all came outdo she involved a different extensionist instead if calling me out. I find that to be slightly underhand really. I wouldn't buy a top from top shop and take it back to Dorothy Perkins asking them to sort it?!?! She should have come to me!

Latest posts

Back