Becoming a nail technician?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatashaLeanne

Reaction score
Hey all!
I want to start my journey into becoming a nail technician however I have done so much research on courses and qualifications and cannot seem to find a clear indication on the best qualification / training provider. I am currently living in Dartford (NW Kent/SE London/Essex) - could anyone point me in the right direction?
The qualification needs to be recognised throughout Europe if possible as I am planning to move to Portugal in a few years.
Thank you all in advance!!

Hi Natasha,
No country in Europe requires a qualification to work as a Nail Technician, except Italy where a cosmetology qualification is needed (except Rome, hence why so many foreign NT there).

More of an issue, is for you to obtain the best possible education as a solid foundation for your career and also that the products you train on are available in Portugal. Of course, you can retrain on new products and normally that is a half-day or one-day cross-over class.

My advice would be to choose an international company that has a strong reputation of education in the industry. Why international? Because it is possible that we are heading into a major recession. Some countries and brands will suffer more than others, but an international company will be more likely to survive.

I am planning to move to Portugal in a few years.

Now we are out of the EU this may not be an automatic right, so wouldn't necessarily work all your plans around it (unless you're a Portuguese national if course), as usual @BobSweden is right with his logical and sensible considerations. There are also some strong UK based companies too though.

Latest posts

Back