Becoming an eyelash extension trainer/educator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theemiss17

Reaction score
Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well through these miserable and uncertain times. Im sorry if this has been answered before, I did a long search on this topic and failed to find out much. I would also love to hear your own journey of going about becoming an eyelash extension educator in the UK.

I have been doing eyelash extensions for 7 years now. I have an extreme amount of bookings (i also do microblading). My eyes hurt, my back is killing me (I'm sure some can relate) and I decided I cannot do this anymore. I will be sticking to microblading. But doing eyelashes is just not the same a to me anymore.

For the past 3 years, I have been begged by some of my clients (some already qualified eyelash technicians) if i could give them lessons, and show them my own techniques. I have learned a lot of techniques solely by myself and, although I no longer feel like I want to do eyelashes, I want to share that knowledge with others!

I just don't know where to start. I am only interested in working independently for myself from my salon. I do not want to train for a company. I have seen people mention a
AET Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS course). Is this an absolute must? even if I was to teach qualified eyelash technicians?
Also, I have seen that you then contact an accreditation body. (once again, is this a must ? do i have to have a written layout of the course? )

Lastly, i couldnt find any trainer insurance covers. I guess they have a specific name? Could someone let me know who they got their insurance cover with ?

Any help would be amazing. Like i said, i am really confused by it all.

Much love xx

If you want to train students and offer accredited courses then you will need your AET, however if you are only looking to offer tutoring to therapists who are already qualified then you can offer this without AET, however you need to make students aware that they have to be qualified in the treatment and that you are only offering tutoring and that it is not an accredited course.
To my knowledge training insurances will require an AET but if you are offering tutoring then the therapist is already qualified and insured for the treatments, however you need to ensure that you are covered for the time the student and model are with you x

If you want to train students and offer accredited courses then you will need your AET, however if you are only looking to offer tutoring to therapists who are already qualified then you can offer this without AET, however you need to make students aware that they have to be qualified in the treatment and that you are only offering tutoring and that it is not an accredited course.
To my knowledge training insurances will require an AET but if you are offering tutoring then the therapist is already qualified and insured for the treatments, however you need to ensure that you are covered for the time the student and model are with you x

Omg thank you so much, so helpful. So to teach my techniques to other (already qualified) eyelash technicians. I dont need anything apart from an insurance to cover the model ? please correct me if im missing something. Also, does such insurance have a name ? Im not sure where i should start looking.

Lastly, can i still give the girls a certificate of attendence (thats clearly not giving them extra qualification) without getting accredited by a accreditation body?

Omg thank you so much, so helpful. So to teach my techniques to other (already qualified) eyelash technicians. I dont need anything apart from an insurance to cover the model ? please correct me if im missing something. Also, does such insurance have a name ? Im not sure where i should start looking.

Lastly, can i still give the girls a certificate of attendence (thats clearly not giving them extra qualification) without getting accredited by a accreditation body?
I would recommend speaking to your insurance first to see what your cover includes and whether they might have an extension to cover you for teaching. There are so many insurers and policies so its best to double check with your insurance x

I would recommend speaking to your insurance first to see what your cover includes and whether they might have an extension to cover you for teaching. There are so many insurers and policies so its best to double check with your insurance x

Thank you so much xxx

Latest posts

Back