Becoming over familiar in business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think this reply falls into Dandelionpoppy's 3 types of humour and this being "intended but disguised as unintended"

Oookayyyyyy! I'm not here to tell you all what you're feeling or should be feeling . That's for you to decide. .. obviously for those that are able to do so on their own.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

:?:
oookayyyyyy! I'm not here to tell you all what you're feeling or should be feeling . That's for you to decide. .. Obviously for those that are able to do so on their own.

Sent from my gt-n7100 using salongeek mobile app

??

I address my clients by their name, simple. If they choose to call me pet names I don't hold it againts them :) I have been called all of it, including Sweet Pea, Sweet Bum, Doll etc... Whatever, I am here to make my clients happy and I think it would be rude of me to ask them not to call me pet names, I just don't do it in return

I personally wouldn't call clients by a pet name but I wouldn't be offended if they called me Hun or whatever as long as it was friendly and maybe just their way. But if it came across as fake I wouldn't like it. Same as if a client swears in conversation and that is their way and obviously isn't aimed towards me then I wouldn't be offended but I wouldn't think it was ever acceptable to start using the same sort of language just because they have. Everyone is different and all clients are human so if that's their way then I don't judge them. All part of the job understanding that we are all human beings and we all behave differently.

Ha ha ha... now that made me chuckle. ..and no I don't think it's racist, derogatory or offensive. ... but lots will!

You obviously remember those adverts in the nineties, it was cool to have different token nationalities. Most made up bands at the time had token ethic minority thrown in, the band Eternal had a token white singer Louise!

Accidently called a 19 year old lad, dear, today following his eyebrow wax. I cringed a little for him. It just slipped out!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think in one day I may use 10 pet names and I don't even know why.
The sort of service I provide is really friendly and personal, I really get to know my clients and they know all about me.
One of my ladies I call Mrs.... But only one. A few I call by their first names but you can judge the situation.
I wouldn't call a new client a pet name because I don't know them, I wouldn't call a stranger babe etc.

Honey, Hun, sweet, darling, lovely, the list goes on.

I like pet names, my husband calls me Turnip, my dad calls me Angel, my mum calls me Presh, my best friend and I call each other sugar tits.

Maybe it's being an Essex girl!

50 hrs a week back to back clients tells me that no one minds!

50 hrs a week back to back clients tells me that no one minds!

Ha ha I hope you don't do that all on your own. .otherwise the comment of work smarter not harder comes to mind!

The humour continues......:lol:

Yes I do.
I don't need/have to but it's the way I am, I have issues.
I can't stop working and it's a problem I've always had.

Yes I do.

It must be a disability!

No normal for me

Yes I do.

It must be a disability!

No normal for me

Work ethic maybe, but disability??
Yes a disability because she says feels she has issues & can't stop working.
My guess is it's not so much that she decides to work those hours but just finds herself doing so - therefore it's not really through work ethic but through unconsciously feeling the need to work that she does 50 hours a week. That must be a disability when trying to have a life outside of work.

Surely people adapt to their work situations and the people they are dealing with.We are in business,a service industry,we can't necessarily treat people and act with people in the same way we do in our private lives and with our friends.
We all have our telephone voice and can put on our airs and graces when we need to surely.

I don't expect to go into any shop anywhere from Asda to John Lewis and be greeted with "hi babe how are yer" surely that is the same with a salon.
Get to know your clients and then maybe you can act yourself and know your boundaries.

Its nothing to do with money,class,accent etc its to do with adapting to your clientele and what each one is more comfortable with.

Last edited:
Missed the reply at the top! Yes, could be a disorder of some kind. I stand corrected Baggybear :smack:

"To err is human, To forgive is divine, but to repeat is stupid."

I'm a born and bred Surrey girl, and if anyone calls me 'babe', 'hun' or 'cock' etc, I am taken aback as in Surrey it's just not said. But it depends who's using the words as to weather I can forgive them. It suits some characters to call you these names, and I will admit that Surrey people are probably the least friendliest in the UK !

Yes I do.

Good for you!! My 45 hours are a near match! We are crazy xx

Latest posts

Back