Becoming over familiar in business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good old local accent eh! :) funnily enough I don't have a set accent at all x

I love the accent up that way. Always sounds friendly :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

To me both examples sound utterly pretentious! What about Thank you, then I would probably asked what they did for a living? As normal people do not talk like! I know MANY titled ladies as they would piss themselves laughing if I started talking like that. I know lots of millionaires and only last week I was doing a very arty client, she is the head of fine art in a very well known auctioneers in London, she still would not talk like this, professional don't they would be laughed at, it plain silly! Could you imagine me visiting a GP "hi sweetie what's the problem?" "Oh don't worry Hun it's just a cold" , personally I would wonder if they were now doing NVQs in medicine! It's irritating to others if you do it please stop NOW!

Yet again you have me creased up with laughter! I adore you!

How about you simply stop worrying about therapists you have never met calling clients you will never meet, "Hun" and simply breathe out? Lol.

We have a great range of stress relieving massages and should you wish to come to Liverpool and indulge I shall be sure to instruct my team not to call you Hun!

:)

I frequently use words like 'hun chick babes lovey sweets' if that makes me common as muck then so be it! I'm a dam good therapist & pride my self in professionalism, my customers keep coming back so iv got to be doing something right! To say your a lower class for using language like this well I'm in shock 😳😱
I think part of our customer service we should be able to suss our clients out, I know what I can & can't say to certain ladies, it's all about building rapport & relationships! If we were all the same life would be very very boring!!!!
Peace out chicks!!! 😁 xx

How about you simply stop worrying about therapists you have never met calling clients you will never meet, "Hun" and simply breathe out? Lol.

We have a great range of stress relieving massages and should you wish to come to Liverpool and indulge I shall be sure to instruct my team not to call you Hun!

Here here! I'd stop worrying about other people & concentrate on your own business. What does it matter what everyone else is upto??!!

I worked for years in a face to face customer service environment. Mainly with the older generation.

What I learnt quickly was the first time you meet someone it should be formal Mrs, Mr, Miss etc, many people will say 'oh please call me' (and stated their first name) I then used their first name, if they didn't I continued to refer to them as Mr/Mrs etc.

Now with people writing first names on client record cards I ask 'is it ok to call you by your first name'? everyone will say yes (some will make a little joke and I will reply that I don't like to assume that I can).

I personally don't like 'Hun' etc and some clients will call me it (and I put up with it) but as a matter of principle I won't use it back to them. Plus I want people to know my first (and last) name so they can reccommend me to others :)

But I would not be having my noony waxed in these places. I think there is a place for everything, and if I choose to console a nervous client with 'Don't worry my darling, I'll be gentle with you' then that is my choice. I'm not selling her an expensive car.

I don't feel the need to justify how I work - it is just how I work. I don't need to write on here about my education or how rich my clients are, and I'm certainly not trying to 'get down with the kids', this is just me.

Obviously such terms are not for you!

ahahahaha noony, never heard that one before :)

Cheers Hun I will "calm down" in your scouse salon with a relaxing massage!

Sometimes I slip in "love" without thinking.

However most customers are addressed by Mr/Mrs/Miss unless otherwise.

Surrey Girl through and through x

I did have a client call me "kn*bhead" once mind you.

I was mortified when I saw it, the email read-

"get a move on kn*bhead!"

I assumed she was talking about a business card I was doing for her, and she wanted it asap.

Turns out she'd emailed me from her phone instead of texting her husband who was stuck in traffic and late for his tea.

that was her story anyway :)

That made me laugh :D

To me both examples sound utterly pretentious! What about Thank you, then I would probably asked what they did for a living? As normal people do not talk like! I know MANY titled ladies as they would piss themselves laughing if I started talking like that. I know lots of millionaires and only last week I was doing a very arty client, she is the head of fine art in a very well known auctioneers in London, she still would not talk like this, professional don't they would be laughed at, it plain silly! Could you imagine me visiting a GP "hi sweetie what's the problem?" "Oh don't worry Hun it's just a cold" , personally I would wonder if they were now doing NVQs in medicine! It's irritating to others if you do it please stop NOW!

Do you know that it is rather rude to demand that other people - who run businesses and hold repeat clients - change the way they speak?

When your in this sector you want to make your client feel at ease. If they are prim and proper then you act the same and vice versa.

I was privately educated but it's knowing how to carry yourself when in different situations.

Another little quote from me.

"Change the changeable,
accept the unchangeable,
and remove yourself from the unacceptable"

Do you know that it is rather rude to demand that other people - who run businesses and hold repeat clients - change the way they speak?

When your in this sector you want to make your client feel at ease. If they are prim and proper then you act the same and vice versa.

I was privately educated but it's knowing how to carry yourself when in different situations.

Yes so was I, but under no circumstances would I humiliate myself by telling people, besides my private school had tons of chavs using either the bursary system to their advantage or "assisted places' back in the day. It was a shame for them having to put up with a load of middle class dorks at school and then having to go back to the hood. NONE of these kids had ANY benefit but a knock to their self esteem they were all quiet bright and would of been better placed locally. In edinburgh 25% of children are privately educated and of that 25% get funding of some sort, parents earning under £50k get help in the very biggest private school in Edinburgh. Now do yourself a favour and stop showing off, I'm cringing now!

It's quiet interesting to see how differently I would of have been taught in a private school. :biggrin:

It's quiet interesting to see how differently I would of have been taught in a private school. :biggrin:

It's nothing special! My local chippy has an ex pupil some of a brother friends have been inside. One is a gas fitter, one a welder, my two brothers are PHDs. There are plenty noveau riche builders kids in the private system too, it's good but nothing beats good genes lol! Kidding. Seriously though the other person posting might have go e to stieners which is for thick rich kids and have no entrance exam. The local council help towards it also if your autistic! Let not forget all the army childrens kids with their tax payer's funded boarding school education, not for squadies kids of course commissioned officers!

Last edited:
There's enough bad vibes in the world ,
If someone gives pet names with a good intention than I don't mind , 8)

<3 love is like the magic penny .

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

There's enough bad vibes in the world ,
If someone gives pet names with a good intention than I don't mind , 8)

<3 love is like the magic penny .

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Aye fair enough who thinks this thread needs closed?

It should not be the aim to close threads.

We should be having constructive discussions where people accept that people will do what they want & say what they want & there is nothing wrong with that.

We are all individuals and if we were all the same the world would be a dull place to live.

Agree to disagree with those who do things differently to you as there is not just one way to do things.

I'm not sure how many more ways I can put it really.

:Love::Love::Love:

. Seriously though the other person posting might have go e to stieners which is for thick rich kids and have no entrance exam. The local council help towards it also if your autistic!

In London steiner schools/ academy's are deemed "trendy" for parents seeking an alternative lifestyle and are all private.

. Seriously though the other person posting might have go e to stieners which is for thick rich kids and have no entrance exam. The local council help towards it also if your autistic!

In London steiner schools/ academy's are deemed "trendy" for parents seeking an alternative lifestyle and are all private.

Agreed but if you child was brainy you would send them to a more challenging school, they are all private but some children if there is not a suitable autistic school in the area the council pays the parent's fee. You don't start reading til your seven and then do gardening and hippy stuff!

Latest posts

Back