Bedtime Ritual...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HWilliams

Reaction score
Without fail, every night, I have a fag, take a cuppa to bed and come on here then Facebook then light off and sleep.

Sometimes I read but have no new books at the mo.

What do you do?

Without fail, every night, I have a fag, take a cuppa to bed and come on here then Facebook then light off and sleep.

Sometimes I read but have no new books at the mo.

What do you do?

And I try to say a prayer...

I haven't slept well since Xmas so sg and fb have been a godsend to me lol x

A little facebook snoop....
Check the kids (and hope I'm lucky enough not to step on an all singing toy that won't shut up!!)....
Bed.
Then as soon as I'm in bed I think 'haven't brushed my teeth'. So it's back out to do that.
Bed.
Then I need a wee!

But due to having crappy neighbours in the past who were very noisy, I can't now fall asleep without the tv being on. I always thought I'd rather fall asleep to my noise than someone elses. So without fail, tv / DVDs on. Most usually it's a documentary than sends me to sleep! Something like 'who do u think you are', or 'long way round / down'!!
If it's a film it usually has the opposite affect and keeps me awake!!
Xx

I haven't slept well since Xmas so sg and fb have been a godsend to me lol x

Oh no...

Crap ain't it?

You tried all the usual stuff?

Bubble bath, warm drink, room spray, not much stimuli from tv or computer that kind of thing?

A little facebook snoop....
Check the kids (and hope I'm lucky enough not to step on an all singing toy that won't shut up!!)....
Bed.
Then as soon as I'm in bed I think 'haven't brushed my teeth'. So it's back out to do that.
Bed.
Then I need a wee!

But due to having crappy neighbours in the past who were very noisy, I can't now fall asleep without the tv being on. I always thought I'd rather fall asleep to my noise than someone elses. So without fail, tv / DVDs on. Most usually it's a documentary than sends me to sleep! Something like 'who do u think you are', or 'long way round / down'!!
If it's a film it usually has the opposite affect and keeps me awake!!
Xx

That sounds a bit like me too... Yeah, fag outside, lock up, upstairs, check Anthony, pee, tea, bed, itouch for SG and FB then read, pray, get molested by the cat then sleep.

I remember the day I used to have loads of jiggy then sleep.., been so long I've sealed over lol

Usually I read. But if I'm up too long, I turn off the lights, close my eyes, and repeat a meditative phrase over and over in my head til I eventually drift off. I quit smoking a year ago, but I still get craving here and there. Nothing a little willpower won't solve though.

Last book I read was a freebie from Specsavers, not one I'd have bought but it was good.

I can't read my beauty/nail books at bedtime because they make me think too much.

I quit smoking 3months ago but I have ecigs which I tend to puff on when I go to bed lol
I also get molested by the cats... I have 4 of them.
ATM I have 2 under the covers, taking up more of the bed than a man would lol 1 on the pillow and the other at my feet!!

I quit smoking 3months ago but I have ecigs which I tend to puff on when I go to bed lol
I also get molested by the cats... I have 4 of them.
ATM I have 2 under the covers, taking up more of the bed than a man would lol 1 on the pillow and the other at my feet!!

I dunno where my George is, she's probably upset as I told her she smelt of fish!

She really did smell fishy earlier, strange cat!

My daughter is always moaning that one of the cats smells of fish lol
Loving the name!
Mine are called thunder, spider, missy and cola x

Im still doing my nighttime ritual, trying to settle a 1 year old!

Every night at 7 i put him down,he usually goes straight down, then i go to bed about 11 only to be woken between 12-1 to a screaming little one who wont settle.

My partner works nights so im pulling my hair out with no sleep! So to those of you who say 'i cant sleep', i should be so bloody lucky haha oj xx

Sent from my X10i

Aw wish I could help you through the nite chick x
I used to take my nephew 3-4 nights a week as he didn't sleep and seeing I was up all night it made no difference to me lol x

Hes a bloomin nightmare! I text my OH all night like,'up again'.

Any tips on how to get a baby to sleep through would be much appreciated, i think iv tried everything though! Maybe im been too careful, maybe a few shots of whiskey in his bottle before bed and hel be away with the fairies lol xx

Sent from my X10i

Does he sleep in the same room as you? We moved my nephew to his own room. My sis was a nightmare, she tended to his every whimper so she was her own worst enemy. He slept better with a night light and we used lavender oil on a cotton hankie at the bottom of his cot to help soothe him. Make sure he's either not too warm or not too cold. We put him in a sleeping bag thing and felt he slept better that way. If I think of anything else I will let you know lol xx

I feel everyone's pain. I have a two and a half year old who was a great sleeper but now wakes every hour of the night. We've tried every technique known to man. The only thing she wants is to snuggle in with us in our bed. I have started to give in as she was disturbing my 11 month old wee boy so we were literally going from one room to the other all night.

Have only had about 2 hours sleep a night for the past few months. I'm mobile and work mainly at night, have found it so hard to not yawn in my clients faces.

Oh how I wish this phase would pass quickly. We are like zombies most of the day.

I change into pj's brush teeth,cleanse,tone,facial serum and nightcream then into bed watching telly until i can literally not keep my eyes open lol :)

Does he sleep in the same room as you? We moved my nephew to his own room. My sis was a nightmare, she tended to his every whimper so she was her own worst enemy. He slept better with a night light and we used lavender oil on a cotton hankie at the bottom of his cot to help soothe him. Make sure he's either not too warm or not too cold. We put him in a sleeping bag thing and felt he slept better that way. If I think of anything else I will let you know lol xx

Sorry i was pre-occupied last night lol didnt get him to drop off until 4.30am! No hes not in my room hes in his own room. Will defo try the lavender oil and see how that works lol thanks for the advice xx

Sent from my X10i

I check sg & facebook, then brush teeth, cleanse & cream, take sleeping tablets ( a necessity I'm afraid ) & it takes me about an hour to drop off. If I'm lucky I get 4 hours sleep & then just dose till its time to get up.:sad:

On SG most of day! Then night I let dog out for toilet time, we both go to bed with OH in tow and I remain on SG whilst in bed, it's the last thing I see then as soon as I wake I grab my phone from its charging dock then open my eyes to SG......do I need to see a shrink ?? I am obsessed with SG

Latest posts

Back