Been to Doctors and am fuming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
had my appt today for the results of blood tests, and also to see what they are gonna do about this almighty pain i have in my side when i go for a wee.
well i get in the office and the doctor says (without even looking at me) yes, what do you want. excuse me..................

she didnt have a clue, till i told her about the blood test etc, she came back with, oh yes they are fine, your colestoral is up by 1 (wow, big deal) so thats whats probably causing the pain..............im no doctor but i know for damm sure that isnt the cause.

i ended up telling her to forget it, and am now in the process of changing doctors (one that knows what hes talking about for a start).

i was soo annoyed that when i came out of her office i told the people in the waiting room, that if they were waiting to see her, then dont bother cos shes useless, and nearly started crying out of shear temper.

that angers me soo much g, i know how important seeing the doc is at the mo for you....and i cant believe she didnt examine you...ring up and get to see another g.p you need to be seen
i would contact your local patient advocacy and liason (PALS)service hun ..in the mean time...and let them know what happened

Some bedside manner she had huh? That's disgusting and I can see why you were so mad Glynis.
Hope you get it sorted out soon xx

had my appt today for the results of blood tests, and also to see what they are gonna do about this almighty pain i have in my side when i go for a wee.
well i get in the office and the doctor says (without even looking at me) yes, what do you want. excuse me..................

she didnt have a clue, till i told her about the blood test etc, she came back with, oh yes they are fine, your colestoral is up by 1 (wow, big deal) so thats whats probably causing the pain..............im no doctor but i know for damm sure that isnt the cause.

i ended up telling her to forget it, and am now in the process of changing doctors (one that knows what hes talking about for a start).

i was soo annoyed that when i came out of her office i told the people in the waiting room, that if they were waiting to see her, then dont bother cos shes useless, and nearly started crying out of shear temper.
Oh Glynnis, don't get me on my soap box about medical services in this place. This is appalling to be treated this way. I begars belief really! Don't blame you for feeling p----d off!

our old doctors was like that , the staff were all rude and made you feel bad for going !! well it got so bad i wouldnt dare take the kids and one of the last times olivia was ill she had a perforated ear drum , i felt so guilty for not taking her sooner, hence i changed and our new doctors is great, especially with kids which is a massive thing for me
change hun you will get a better doctor :green:

G when Ade lung collapsed one of the 6 times he saw 4 days and one even said he had acid reflux :eek: I have lost very bit of faith I once had.
Keep going back or get a 2nd opinion I am no medical expert but I know you wouldn't get a pain when weeing from high cholesterol :irked:

I had to go for blood tests too (cos been feeling yak).

They took about 4 phials of blood.

2 weeks later got letter saying needed to go back because something found in kidneys.

Went back. As the nurse was taking my blood another nurse was on phone to someone - when she shouted through, 'Carol says dont send anymore blood through cos they cant cope with anymore' just as shes taking my blood from my arm. the nurse replied 'well tell the doctors they keep requesting it'

Confused - I later asked if she knew why I had been called back and she couldnt tell me - there were no notes. She said ' they have probably lost the blood'
I walked out feeling reassured that my problem would be solved and that I was in the very capable hands of nhs.

My results were fine...yet I still feel like ****. Wonder if they actually tested my blood.

Did they even consider a urine sample? drs make me mad pain doesn't just appear for
no reason! and what do they intend doing about it? bloody nhs. Hope you find a decent
dr soon:hug:

Glynis hun I can totally sympathise with you. I have NO confidence whatsoever in my doctor or my hospital consultant. I went last wee for the results of an MRI scan and I was so nervous before I was seen because I was terrified that the scan would have picked up cancer or something major. I had and the consultant's side kick started going on about treatment I had previously - no mention of the results of the scan. I let her rabble a bit and told her that I was there for the results of the MRI scan. Oh she said, there is nothing on your file to say you had such a scan. She then proceeded to fumble with the computer and told me from what she could read, everything was ok (reassuring NOT) and went on to contradict everything else I had been told by the consultant.

One of the reasons I want to go abroad is because I have no faith in the consultants in this country - NHS or private!

Big hugs to you xxx:hug:

i no want you mean and i realy feel for you the nhs is so crap and the doctors and hospetals don make it any easyer my mother in law went to hospetal coz she had realy realy bad back pain they took an x-ray and sent her home in a taxi by the time she got home she couldent feel or move her legs so she went privert insted in london turns out she has 2 lumps one on her kidney and the other growing in her lower verterbray whitch has shatered but shes in the rite place now seams like they only want to help if you throw money at them,

i hope you get everything sorted soon ill be thinking of you :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxx

what a shocker glynis.
doctors are so blase/ about our illnesses. you go to the doc as a last resort not as a bit of fun. when you get there you expect the problem to be resolved or at the very least taken seriously.:irked:
like you, i'd be highly surprised if a 1 point rise in your cholesterol would give you pain. surely thats gotta be a kidney related infection. and thats just from me watching casualty on tv:lol:
i hope you soon feel a bit better.
p.s, some cranberry juice might give you a little relief.:hug:

I was the same last week,went it told her what the other dr has said and she all but called me liar.I was fuming i got up 3 times to walk out before i smaked her,she evan said we havnt got anywhere have we.She was a load of crap to be honest n will not go to her again evan if im dying,she just didint listen to me and dint want to know.Some dr's these days are too quick to get you in n out.I think you may have infection but im no expert,try some cranberry juice its great for that kind of thing.Hope you get over it soon xxxx

i would make a complaint, she was just plain rude

ps hope you get it sorted asap

Make an appointment to see the same GP each time, even if it puts you out of kilter....they will remember you and don't have to reread the notes every time.

My Paul has been going around with bad back pain for 2 years, He was in a wheel chair for nearly a year because it was so bad, our quack, wont call him a doctor, gave him pain relief said if it wasn't better after six weeks he would send him for an MIR scan, what he did was send him for physio, without so much as an xray, never mind a scan, addicted him to tramadol and then gave him meds for high blood pressure, he is high side of normal so the tablets dropped his pressure so low that if he stood up quickly he nearly blacked out, gave him tablets for colestial, his is 4.2 and told him he needed tablets for his diabetes when on diet alone his control is between 5 and 7.5 a none diabetic has a blood sugar level of 5 to 5.5 all the meds had bad side affects and made him feel so ill he had to drop out of uni. He stopped taking all the meds except for the tramadol and had some blood tests done privately, surprise surprise he didn't need any of these meds but your NHS doc gets extra funding for his practice if he prescribes them. We finally saw a different doc at our practice and Paul has had an MRI scan and finally has an appointment with a spinal consultant in September.
See another doc Glynis it makes a hell of a difference.

Did they even consider a urine sample?

yes - i had a sample test, and that came back negative flower.

ive now booked in with another Doctor, so just waiting for new card to come thro, then im gonna go and see him.

You have to take this further hun! make a complaint about her! you never know they may have a file on her and your complaint may be the icing on the cake for her career!!
i have totally lost my faith in doctors since i have had M.E and Bipolar Disorder. They think that as they have read about it they understand!!!! xx

Oh Glynis I would have felt just the same, poor you :hug: There is no excuse for that.

When my daughter was about 15 she was having terrible pain in her hip, so bad it was keeping her off PE (and she was really sporty, so I know it wasn't a get out!). Eventually we got an appointment with a consultant in the hospital. He said said there wasn't anything he could do and "We all have aches and pains we have to live with". Maybe for him, as he was near retirement age, but not for a sporty 15 year old! I took her privately to an osteopath, which helped a lot. She recently went privately to a physio, who diagnosed flat feet (very obvious now we know!) which was causing her knock knees (I'd taken her to doc when she was young about this - nothing they could do), and a weak buttock! (only one!) she's now got exercises to do which are helping.

I hope you get somewhere with your problem. Can you see another doctor in the practice? If not, I'd ask for a second opinion.

I honestly dread having anything wrong with me - because I know there will be nothing done to help. No one cares anymore.

Latest posts

Back