Been using Shellac since day 1 and only just stumbled across a problem...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
The last bottle of top coat I received started dripping as I was using it, I mean top coat actually dripping from up inside the lid as I was using it which meant blobs of top coat on my clients hands and my hands and on the table. I thought maybe it was just a dodgy bottle but it's now started doing it with the new bottle that I've just opened!

I shake the bottle from side to side to try and not get any product up inside the lid, I always wipe the neck of the bottle when I have finished and I'm not having problems with the base or any of the colours. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something I am doing or is it the bottle?

I received a new bottle of topcoat last week, used it for the first time yesterday and had exactly the same problem, it went all over me!

ODD?!

I will be really interested in any answers to this!!! I too have a top coat that is 'leaking from the lid'!!!!

It's weird, my bottles are always kept upright and I shake side to side also' but it 'runs' out of the lid when applying..... Very odd!!

The best thing to do would be contact your supplier in the morning.

just thought it was me ! but im experiencing it with colours too x

This problem is causing me sooooo much misery, both my top and base coats are doing it 😰, it is really getting me down as it adds mess and time to my appointments.
If its not thick like treacle it's dripping and getting all over everything, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! 😱

Reading this with interest - my top coat does this too. None of my other bottles do this x :rolleyes:

My base and topcoat is doing this. Perhaps we should call s2? True they're the Bain of my appointments with either doing this or being thick like treacle no matter how much I shake!

This has been happening to me too, my bottles are stored upright and I shake from side to side, it baffles me how product gets up inside the lid, so frustrating! There was a thread not so long ago about this and someone did ring S2 and was advised to wipe neck of bottle and lid before before use. Doesn't really solve the problem as keeps happening!

Ive got a new bottle arriving tomorrow so ill see how that goes x

Read this curious to see what problem someone was having with Shellac. Just have to say that I've not experienced this issue with Shellac. More so with Gelish.

This sounds like defying gravity! Lol so odd... I am really curious the cause. Unless maybe the bottle gets tipped over occasionally by accident? I'm just pulling at straws, really.

I too have had this problem with the top coat, I now shake my bottles when client first arrives and hope that by the time I have done the removal and pep, it has all run down out of the lid and back into the bottle. I am not sure, but I think it's maybe only since I have been using the larger bottles?

When I first did my Soak-Off's course (with Magnetic about 4 years ago) I was told that gel is attracted to gel. They have no explanation for this, but basically if there is a tiny bit of gel in the lid, it will attract more gel (or should i say power polish) to it. Magnetic's soak off gels were awful for this, always leaking and spilling over the top even if kept upright because the gel would just rise! it is very frustrating. i realise i haven't actually answered the question but thought it would be interesting to hear what i first learnt? not sure if true or not xx

I don't have this problem and the original poster said she is only experiencing this lately, but didn't have this problem before now, so I think it may just be a faulty lid.

Best thing would be to contact the supplier so it can be sorted out.

I have had this problem with 2 of my base coats and one of my top coats.

I contacted my suppliers and whilst there were lovely she told me it was the way I was shaking it. Which I was a bit sceptical about because I shake the colours in the same way and doesn't happen to them. You should phone s2 and let them know as if it happens to me again I will be. It's such a waste of product and then it drips all down the neck and wastes sooo much product! This problem drives me crazy. X

Surely if it was something we were doing it wouldn't

a) only just have started happening with my last 2 bottles

and b) only be the top coat and not the base or colours when they are all stored, wiped and shaken in the same way!

I will defo get in touch with S2 about it.

I will be calling S2 tomorrow as I havent had the chance yet. I have only just switched to bigger bottles too, how bizarre.

I would imagine it couldnt be the "way we are shaking it" otherwise our colours would do the same?

Yeah it's only the big bottles it happens with!

Latest posts

Back