Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many strands are you typically using in a full head, as it looks quite fine to me

Iv been doing extensions for 8 months now here is some of my most recent I use glamorous lengths hair

Far too thin, are your clients happy with the end result? I would like to sugar coat this but I really can't, the second photo looks really bad. You really need to have a look at how many strands you use, the weight of each strand and your supplier.

Hi! So im new to this forum. I always look around for information especially on hair extensions but decided I would join in and sshare some of my work but have no idea how to upload pictures? Using the computer but will try on my Iphone.

Im very impressed with all of your pictures :) Ive been doing hair for 5 years and extensions for 3. Recently went on a trainin course with Oakley Academy. Although id practised the methods aswell as keratin bonds training its good to have professional, up to date training and qualifications. One main thing I wanted to gain from the course was reliable suppliers for diffrent hair types and budgets . Ive used alot of websites. Hair planet being the first, then Elite which I had alot of problems with . Then SJK which I find stick tips are great but the keratin isnt strong so hair shreds alot and isnt enough glue there so Im scared to use it on a paying client. Im now very happy with studio 58 and hairs and graces. Anyone else use Hairs and Graces ? So far so good! The hair is fantastic 1g double drawn, packs of 25 very reasonable and their customer service is fantastic!! Sent me a colour that wasnt on my ring and it didnt match so they sent me out a darker colour, next day deliver, free of charge AND a free colour ring. So im really hoping the quality keeps up.

I initially trained in pre bonded keratin hair extensions. Which is defiantly a favourite with my clients but after years it can be damaging to the hair especially finer and recently ive been trying out micro beads as they are becoming popular . I love them in my own hair, fantastc in hair but definatly can slide a bit more than bonds but the way i see it is they are easily replaced and repositioned and pretty much no hair loss, so its a win situation just means my client will come back for a maintenance check and if need be a top up. So my next experiement is copper tubes (after investigating the forum all night, on minilox, easi locks and copper tubes) . Im going to try the unlined copper tubes using 1g stick tips from Hairs and Graces, excited to see the results and will get feedback as its a friend of mine.

Can anyone recommend reasonable priced shampoo to use on the indian remy hair. Has anyone had the same problems with the nail tip from SJK. And how do i upload pictures
Im always lookign for help with my career! all critisim is good!

We recommend Loreal Everpure it's sulphate free and available on the high street for £6 (on offer for £4), stops the bonds breaking down too. Our company Prestige Hair Extensions sells stick tips with hard tips that don't break down or shed at all. We now have a luxury range of Remy AAAA Russian Standard hair www.prestigehairextensions.com

Yes I trained with belle and I love glamorous lengths hair iv even bleached it before and still feels great, on average use about 150-200 strands 0.8g x

Yes I trained with belle and I love glamorous lengths hair iv even bleached it before and still feels great, on average use about 150-200 strands 0.8g x

As far as I'm aware GL only do 0.6 or 1 go so if your using the 0.6 and doing 150-200 bonds, for a full head will not be enough. A full head is generally 150-200 grams so you'd need a hell of a lot more to prevent it looking so thin.

Iv been doing extensions for 8 months now here is some of my most recent I use glamorous lengths hair

I know many people that are Belle trained and the lack of information they receive, you need more hair - you may love GL but trust me you can buy equal quality for a lot less money (personally hate the hair) and the lies they come out with in regards to their Russian hair etc. 200 0.6g of hair is not enough for a full head - that means it's 120 grams of hair - my prices cover up to 200 grams of hair for my full head, up to 150g for a 3/4 head and up to 100-120g for a half head (client depending) so what I would do for a half head you've used the same weight for a full head, where as 120g shouldn't be adding a lot of length unless the hair is thick root to tip etc - for example I only used 128grams on this attached picture, can you see the difference in thickness from mine to yours? This was a 3/4 head application... You need to increase your strand weight I advise finding suppliers for 0.8-1g as 0.6g is not thick enough unless using more hair to create extra thickness.. Also using extensions with less shorter hairs in for thicker ends, each client will vary but as a minimum I use 160-200 0.8-1g strands for length. Does this make sense? I can ensure doing this your work will dramatically improve. Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395855034.377597.jpg

I know many people that are Belle trained and the lack of information they receive, you need more hair - you may love GL but trust me you can buy equal quality for a lot less money (personally hate the hair) and the lies they come out with in regards to their Russian hair etc. 200 0.6g of hair is not enough for a full head - that means it's 120 grams of hair - my prices cover up to 200 grams of hair for my full head, up to 150g for a 3/4 head and up to 100-120g for a half head (client depending) so what I would do for a half head you've used the same weight for a full head, where as 120g shouldn't be adding a lot of length unless the hair is thick root to tip etc - for example I only used 128grams on this attached picture, can you see the difference in thickness from mine to yours? This was a 3/4 head application... You need to increase your strand weight I advise finding suppliers for 0.8-1g as 0.6g is not thick enough unless using more hair to create extra thickness.. Also using extensions with less shorter hairs in for thicker ends, each client will vary but as a minimum I use 160-200 0.8-1g strands for length. Does this make sense? I can ensure doing this your work will dramatically improve. XxView attachment 60034

This is lovely and excellent advice can I ask what hair you used for this xx

This is lovely and excellent advice can I ask what hair you used for this xx

Thank you :) this was angel remy 20 inch hair retipped into bonded (as at the mo they only do 20 inch stick tip - they are launching their 20 inch bonded range in a few weeks) 160 x 0.8g strands :) xx

Thank you :) this was angel remy 20 inch hair retipped into bonded (as at the mo they only do 20 inch stick tip - they are launching their 20 inch bonded range in a few weeks) 160 x 0.8g strands :) xx

Iv been wanting to try them as heard great reviews but when I google them I seem to find a few and can't see prices lol could you send me a link please xx

Thank you hun! :) x

150 x euphoria brazilian DD in 6/24

Attachments

• 10155525_379578388850233_1559117611_n.jpg
    10155525_379578388850233_1559117611_n.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 360
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396014115.746712.jpg
160 angel locks mini tips !

260 strands - angel remy - 18 inch bonds xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396042762.932955.jpg

260?! that's crazy most I've ever managed to get in is 220 lol :)

Because her hair was so short and thick had to match it up to the hair she had now (thickness wise) and no existing length to support the new length to make it really thick. If I'm honest I could have fit another 2/3 rows in but I ran out of hair lol! Xx

A few recents.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396046704155.jpg
    1396046704155.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 244
  • 1396046715472.jpg
    1396046715472.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 1396046727705.jpg
    1396046727705.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 235