Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aahhh right so you don't leave a layer at all ? I'll not next time ! I have a woman in on Sunday who has quite thick just above shoulder length hair, she has bought it from the supplier I told her about, it's 0.8g and ordered 225 bonds :) so I'm hoping this one shall go a little better. It's definitely the opposite from the lady in the picture ! I'm not charging at the moment thank goodness !! I will make sure I do a before, applying and after pic thanks.
Can I just ask anyone, is there a particular type of clients hair you prefer ? I asked a couple of people who do extensions and one said they prefer fine and the other prefers thicker hair, so I guess it's each to there own !!

Aahhh right so you don't leave a layer at all ? I'll not next time ! I have a woman in on Sunday who has quite thick just above shoulder length hair, she has bought it from the supplier I told her about, it's 0.8g and ordered 225 bonds :) so I'm hoping this one shall go a little better. It's definitely the opposite from the lady in the picture ! I'm not charging at the moment thank goodness !! I will make sure I do a before, applying and after pic thanks.
Can I just ask anyone, is there a particular type of clients hair you prefer ? I asked a couple of people who do extensions and one said they prefer fine and the other prefers thicker hair, so I guess it's each to there own !!

I don't leave a layer hun. The next client sounds better :)
I don't really mind what type of hair they have to be honest. I've got a challenge on Friday where a lady has short short hair! I love things like that though as it mixes it up instead of doing standard add length to shoulder bobs.
Good luck for your next one and don't worry it's all about practising :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow! After looking through this i know what i want for my birthday lol! U guys do such an amazing job. :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Why aren't you supplying the hair yourself? A lot of extensionists won't fit hair that hasn't been supplied by them directly as you never know how the hair is going to look/last.

With regards to the method if fitting, everyone is different. Depending on the hair type, I start with not leaving any gaps between the first few rows, then start to gap as I get nearer the top. I use 1g strands so only use between 150-200 for a full head. If I'm doing 200 on a thicker head, I leave no gap rows, same goes for shorter hair.

I like working with longish medium thickness hair ☺️

Thanks charjem. Well with myself just starting out and needing case studies, I have been advertising that I will supply the hair but then they say oh I will leave it until I get paid but I need the practise obv so at this moment they are buying the hair and I am applying them. I have colour matched and told this woman on Sunday, where to buy so that isn't too bad, it was just the first woman who bought themselves first off so I said I fit to get practise more the better right ?

I understand not a lot of professionals wouldn't do it right now as it's an unknown source the hair but I would rather get practise in right now and then if I do supply the hair it can only be better right ? If that makes sense lol

I will be a lot happier with this one knowing it's thicker, I was just wondering though as you Charjem said about only using 1g strands would you use it on bleached hair, Wether it seems healthy or not ? I'm just trying to decipher wether it would be a good idea to only only apply 1g hair to certain hair ? I think I'm a little scared at the moment as beginner due to contra-indications e.g. Tract alopecia and damage to cuticle and hair. We did cover this but it's more the whole thought of it happening.

But thanks again for all advise people 😊

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396556971.462399.jpg

One of today's installations 150 microrings 20" beauty works!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396556957.655206.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396556957.655206.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 279
was just wondering though as you Charjem said about only using 1g strands would you use it on bleached hair, Wether it seems healthy or not ? I'm just trying to decipher wether it would be a good idea to only only apply 1g hair to certain hair ? I think I'm a little scared at the moment as beginner due to contra-indications e.g. Tract alopecia and damage to cuticle and hair. We did cover this but it's more the whole thought of it happening.

But thanks again for all advise people 😊

I can't comment on what charjem would do but if someone's hair is damaged I won't fit.
I use 0.8 and 1g on bleached hair but only if it can take it. X

I can't comment on what charjem would do but if someone's hair is damaged I won't fit.
I use 0.8 and 1g on bleached hair but only if it can take it. X

Same, I don't fit on damaged hair. For finer hair, I cut the bonds in half, I don't do micro rings on fine hair. I do have another supplier as a back up, a few actually. So I just go with what suits the client.

Hi guys so this is my actual hair i trained in jan and showed a girl in my salon how to put them in, loads fell out and i ended up putting them back in myself and they stayed! We only used about 140 stick tips went quite high around the crown area but my top layer is so so obvious when curly eg the pic...
Any advice welcomedd! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396564717.030095.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396564744.522970.jpg

Hi guys so this is my actual hair i trained in jan and showed a girl in my salon how to put them in, loads fell out and i ended up putting them back in myself and they stayed! We only used about 140 stick tips went quite high around the crown area but my top layer is so so obvious when curly eg the pic...
Any advice welcomedd! View attachment 60821View attachment 60822

It's no wonder they all fell out if you have only been trained since January then your trying to train someone, look good for doing them yourself but you need more so there's no gaps in the hair , I wouldn't advise fitting your own as it's impossible to have neat sections so will end up with cross hairs etc xx

It's no wonder they all fell out if you have only been trained since January then your trying to train someone, look good for doing them yourself but you need more so there's no gaps in the hair , I wouldn't advise fitting your own as it's impossible to have neat sections so will end up with cross hairs etc xx

I only showed her what to do in no way whatsoever was i training her...
I believe they fell out as she doesnt squeeze them tight enough as she has a plate in her hand which causes her pain. Thanks for the advice anyway x

erujyqe4.jpg

I just wanted to share this, this is standard AAA hair from SJK after 4 months, prebonded, they still felt great and no thickness lost.

Totes awesome!! :Love:

Today's challenge! I offered to help my friend out (and my extension trainer) as this girl only had 3" hair!!! Doing it together only took 3 hours.
We advised her you would likely see some bonds as she has no length but she was over the moon. (She had an episode before Xmas and hacked off her hair)
Used 240 celebrity elite body wave.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396636736.183583.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396636745.748542.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396636761.273093.jpg

Some angel remy pre bonds in several colours that Im afraid i cant recall :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1977072_382860511855354_1000817271_n.jpg
    1977072_382860511855354_1000817271_n.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 262
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396638855.596512.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396638869.788092.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396638881.903232.jpg

First raccoon application :)

a2ynu5y4.jpg

Client had should length hair, this is half a head (100 x 1g) bonds - Luxury from SJK

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396686363.682129.jpg

Before/after 60 AR strands and 20 balmain - bonded xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396686348.750237.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396686348.750237.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 266
Before and after using 150g Brazillian Double Drawn from euphoria colour #2t6.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396718625916.jpg
    1396718625916.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 256
Bonds 16" classic fusion red to subtle ombré

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 216

Latest posts

Back