Beginner acrylic nails help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eleanor55

Reaction score
Hi, Hoping someone can help! Doing my acrylic nails training soon but wanting to do some practice before hand. What are the basic items/tools I will need for acrylic nails And do acrylics require a UV lamp,Thanks in advance x

Hi, Hoping someone can help! Doing my acrylic nails training soon but wanting to do some practice before hand. What are the basic items/tools I will need for acrylic nails And do acrylics require a UV lamp,Thanks in advance x

Hi, everyone is different but my favourites are
- cuticle pusher
- files (high grit for natural nail, low grit for on the enhancement)
- white block
- scrub fresh ( or any prep and wipe)
- bonder ( I love Ibd Powerbond)
- tips and nail glue
- acrylic powder ( nsi attractions powder is a really nice one to work with)
- monomer ( nsi attractions)
- acrylic brush ( don’t buy a cheap one, the nsi attraction precise one is amazing)
- then top coat or polish to finish
Xoxoxo

Oh and a dappen dish to put your monomer in :) xxxx

Hi Eleanor,

I knew that a lot of people were dealing with this problem because I remembered going through it myself when I first started!

I decided to write a whole article about this topic. You can read more about it here - A Complete Nail Salon Equipment Checklist

Hope this could help you with your nail journey!

Hi, everyone is different but my favourites are
- cuticle pusher
- files (high grit for natural nail, low grit for on the enhancement)
- white block
- scrub fresh ( or any prep and wipe)
- bonder ( I love Ibd Powerbond)
- tips and nail glue
- acrylic powder ( nsi attractions powder is a really nice one to work with)
- monomer ( nsi attractions)
- acrylic brush ( don’t buy a cheap one, the nsi attraction precise one is amazing)
- then top coat or polish to finish
Xoxoxo
Thankyou so much!! xx

Hi Eleanor,

I knew that a lot of people were dealing with this problem because I remembered going through it myself when I first started!

I decided to write a whole article about this topic. You can read more about it here - A Complete Nail Salon Equipment Checklist

Hope this could help you with your nail journey!
Thankyouu! X

I’d recommend waiting until you start your course. You’ll get a kit once you’ve started and it’s not advisable to try beforehand.

Latest posts

Back