Beginner advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaceyG89

Reaction score
I'm due to attend the CND Shellac Beginners course this month... Luckily passed the online assessment (so much to take in!!)

I was just wondering if anyone that has been on the course could tell me a bit about what we will actually be doing on the first day? I know the second day is more practice work on models but I've not been told an awful lot about what to expect on each day

The first day is mainly theory and working in one nail on a partner and then a test. Second day is a bit more theory and practice French with a partner. Then your model comes in. You do full PEP and red in one hand and French in other. Then you remove one hand and make both match.

The first day is mainly theory and working in one nail on a partner and then a test. Second day is a bit more theory and practice French with a partner. Then your model comes in. You do full PEP and red in one hand and French in other. Then you remove one hand and make both match.

Thanks, quite nervous about it as there's so much to remember about the skin and nail. I take it the assessment you do after the first day is just similar to the one you have to do before you attend?

Yes very similar. A lot of the topics are covered in day one.

Im doing my course on Monday and a bit nervous too! I hope im good at it! When do u start yours? x

Im doing my course on Monday and a bit nervous too! I hope im good at it! When do u start yours? x
My course is on the 24th & 25th, it's the online assessments that make me nervous, I spend more time looking at the seconds counting down for each question than actually thinking about the answers lol
Have you done nails before or are you just starting out? X

My course is on the 24th & 25th, it's the online assessments that make me nervous, I spend more time looking at the seconds counting down for each question than actually thinking about the answers lol
Have you done nails before or are you just starting out? X

I did the online test for my L+P course about a fortnight ago and I promise, it's really not too bad! Were you told like I was that, even if you haven't read up on everything before the test is available do the test to get a feel of it? I really thought I'd done appallingly my first test as I'd only skimmed the book but I managed 7.8% above pass!! Got my next test in a fortnight which has a higher pass level :s One lady on my course took the test 14 times which took her up to the afternoon before our first day, but she got there eventually! Good luck, breathe deep, don't focus on the time, write notes on paper if you need and you'll do fine :) x

It's a new career for me. I'm 9 months pregnant but just been made redundant. I've always loved nails and have mine done every few weeks but leaving a good job was a risk before but now I have nothing to lose I decided to give it a go!

I'm glad the test is in the evening as u can always refer to your book if u get stuck....if u can find it fast enough x

How did you get on? Xx

I passed although surprised as I had a cold and felt terrible on the course.
When do u start yours? X

I passed although surprised as I had a cold and felt terrible on the course.
When do u start yours? X
I'm next Thursday :confused: so nervous lol
How was the assessment on the first night? Just the same as the ones before? X

Don't be nervous, u will be fine! Yes its kinda the same just different questions and u need to get 80% to pass.x

Don't be nervous, u will be fine! Yes its kinda the same just different questions and u need to get 80% to pass.x
Oh ok, do you get to sit it again like the other ones if you don't pass first time?

How did you find the course overall? X

Latest posts

Back