Beginner in waxing legs and bikini line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
I trained a while ago in waxing. I've been doing eyebrows, up lip etc for ages but I've only done a few half leg waxes. My ladies are mainly mid to old age groups so don't get many asking for leg waxes.

On Saturday i did my first full leg and bikini line. It took me an hour and 20 mins to complete. How long in your opinions should it take to do this?

I know I will get faster the more I do but would like to know what to aim for.

She was happy with the result and liked the fact that I was thorough.

Well done. 80 minutes is a very good start and as you say, you will only get better!

I’ve read some wild claims on here about some people’s treatment timings which I find questionable to say the least. These can really knock your confidence in the early days so be cautious about taking to heart things you may hear.

I would book out 45 mins and I've been doing it daily for 7 years so I would say 1hr 20 is very very good. Don't worry, one day you will just realise you've got quicker.
I would be very pleased if I were you.
Just make sure you have your trolley near you and have everything ready and work in methodical sections x

Thank you Male Waxing and Gina Ballerina I was just pleased that my client was happy with the service and end result. I did ask her what the fastest time was that she had been waxed, as she was a nice chatty lady and approachable, she said 45 mins but that the beautician had been doing it for many many years.

She said she would come again as I was very thorough and had a very clean set up etc.

She did point out one thing that helped a lot. When doing the bikini underneath, she said she either goes on all fours or lifts her leg up in the air in front of her,whilst lying on her back if you understand. It was very clearly the best choice for her and also I had a good clear view of the hair to be removed. We weren't shown any position techniques on the training course so I found this very helpful.

Any other hints and tips would be gratefully received.

I do have to get another trolley to put my things on so that it is close by. I realised this as soon as I started. One thing I have firmly planted in my mind now. Thanks for the reminder guys.

Latest posts

Back