SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcj1997

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick bit of background information on me.. I’m 23 currently working an office job (previously full time now part time furloughed working 2 days in the office a week) and I completed a hair extension course at the beginning of the year. I have a few clients and I’m hoping my clientele will grow in the coming months. I do extensions from a space at my house and ideally would like to quit the office job and just do hair full time.

So, is there such a thing as a one day cutting course for beginners? I can cut the extensions and blend them no problem but would just like to extend my skills - proper layering etc - and become fully confident. I’m in Scotland so ideally the course would be in Scotland or I’d be happy to travel around the north of England. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I would also like to do a ‘hair up’ course and maybe branch out to doing bridal/proms etc. Again does anyone have any recommendations for courses?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cutting is a skill that takes some time to master so I wouldn’t recommend a one day or even a short course, as it will likely lead to frustration. Even on level 2 hairdressing, you only cover basic hair cutting so you’d still need further training.

Hair up/bridal is much more do-able in a short time frame, especially if you have a creative flair for dressing hair.

If you already have a long haired Training head, maybe purchase a subscription to Patrick Cameron’s online training videos and start practising. You can subscribe for a month to try it, so you don’t have to spend much. (he did do one month free but not sure if that’s still available? )

https://www.patrick-cameron.com/pages/access-all-areas-club

Latest posts

Back