Beginners Help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrysnails

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have just joined the site and am just about to go into Nail Technician training. I'm enrolling on a distance learning course, but not sure which is the best? So if anyone did an at-home distance learning diploma course nd any advice on suppliers etc., would be helpful!
Thank you!:green:

Hi hun and welcome to the site :hug:
You will find a lot of people started with Essential Nails which do home learning courses.
I started off with this but personally felt I needed to learn in a class situation so went on to do courses with Creative Nail Design, I no a lot of people loved their courses and are brilliant technicians.
Think very hard about taking on a home course you might be better to use the money and do a course in a collage or with a company hths :hug:

Hi hun I would suggest thinking long and hard about why you feel a home based course is best for you as they are not much cheaper than class based learning. I got the EN course (absolutely nothing wrong with the product or anything) and I never completed it. You have to be able to be strict about when you will do it, how long you will do it for and bloody determined because in essence you are teaching yourself. I have kids and work full time and thought it would be a cinch, get the kids in bed and off I go, of course it didnt work like that, theres ironing, washing, cleaning having a life and it gathers dust to this day. No detriment to the EN course but I really wish I had gone for class based as I would be qualified now. Think about it hun is my advice:hug:

Welcome to the site.
EN home learning courses etc are a great start, especially for those of us who have families and other commitments but I think eventually you will find that you need to take further training.
Good luck x

hi and welcome to the site

good luck with your course

Hiya, welcome to the site and the fab world of nails xx

Hi i am also learning with Essential Nails and i am loving it. Its a great start. I sometimes feel i do need a teacher behind me telling me if i am going wrong though, but their customers services is really good and they are always happy to help.

Hello and welcome:hug:

I am a mobile beauty therapist but am not trained in nail enhancements. I myself was thinking about doing a nail distance learning course and would myself go with the essential nails.
I can see though that having a teacher there would be more beneficial to explain different problems/situations. However if you feel that the distance learning is the best option then just take full advantage of the customer services offered. Whenever you feel that you have a problem always ask!! that is what you have paid the money for.
Hope it all works out for you:)
xxx

i started off with essential nails home learn, and after about 2 yrs i did a conversion course with creative
i found e n course very good,. but i was motivated and eager and always on the phone to them if i got stuck, and i passed with a distinction ,
to be honest you do need ongoing training but its certainly a great starting point,

Hi, I'm new to the site too I'm really glad I joined as its informative and loads of fun ! I started my EN course last month it is really good but you do need to be a self motivater to get through the course. Hope you enjoy the site as much as me :)

Latest posts

Back