SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjabg123

Reaction score
Hello all,

Was hoping someone could provide me with some advice with regards to warmer tones as I usually work with cool tones. My partner's hair (I am a qualified stylist) is currently pre-lightened to a 10 pale yellow and is looking to be a dimensional blonde level 8/9 - something close to the photo I have attached. He's a natural level 7 and I regret not just opting for highlight + tone, and so was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how I'd achieve this natural sun kissed hue? I've used colour charm /38 before and it has resulted in a dull tone, maybe I didn't use a good formula. Any advice would be really appreciated or else he will be going a cool blonde 😆. KP would be preferred but not essential.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 16.23.08.png

I'd slice through some 10/0 + 9/38 pastel
And then inbetween that I'd put 8/38+ 8/96 or 8/97 as a base.

If the hair is as long as photo, and this was my client I would do the following:

- shampoo, toweldry and apply a 1/2 gold + 1/2 gold-beige demi permanent toner (may have to alter depending on the product range & hair porosity) until happy with the overall base colour.
- apply 3/4 7 + 1/4 7gold demi to the root area. the root shadow will make it look 1000x more natural and lived in. Blend the colour down once you are almost happy with the root to blend. (apply root shadow to hairline at the last minute)
- lastly still on towel dried hair, balayage a few pieces with lightener + 20/30vol to create the dimension. As the hair was previously lightened it should only need a few minutes to lift and will make it look sunkissed.

Latest posts

Back