Beige, blonde, ash? Am I color blind?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calliecoedavis

Reaction score
Can you please tell me what color these root are? And I'm wondering how you would lift to these because when lifting you will get warmth... Help geeks!!!

Can you please tell me what color these root are? And I'm wondering how you would lift to these because when lifting you will get warmth... Help geeks!!!
Hi hun , there isnt a pic up so cant say ;-) xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361353524.155124.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361353524.155124.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,648
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361353532.913367.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361353532.913367.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3,571

It's a hard one.... As every ones hair/base/level/tone is different!

What are you working with?xx

Wella, and I know, yesterday i lifted a 6 base with 8/1 with a little /11 and it was still warm, so I deposited 8/1 with /28 and was just ok... Everyone is asking for these roots! Aaahhhh! Lol

Looks more "mink" then "blue ash" have you tried using a purple ash instead or a blue ash?

Wella, and I know, yesterday i lifted a 6 base with 8/1 with a little /11 and it was still warm, so I deposited 8/1 with /28 and was just ok... Everyone is asking for these roots! Aaahhhh! Lol
what depth are you looking to lift ? also 1 tone is grey so will only subdue you will still see element of warmth in there ;-) it all depends on the depth you are working with to which tone you decide to use ;-) xx

Any depth would be great. But ideally I'd like to have a 7. And no I haven't tried a purple ash. I should have thought of that. How would you prepig that so it wouldn't grab so purple-ash on blonde?

Sorry if I am overwhelming! It's overwhelming me!

Any depth would be great. But ideally I'd like to have a 7. And no I haven't tried a purple ash. I should have thought of that. How would you prepig that so it wouldn't grab so purple-ash on blonde?

Sorry if I am overwhelming! It's overwhelming me!

Use dia light, I've never had to pre pig with it :)

Scrap that, you are lifting so why would you need to pre pig??

Well, last night the lady was blonde already and i was just applying the color on top. I had to comb down to blend the ombré.

Well, last night the lady was blonde already and i was just applying the color on top. I had to comb down to blend the ombré.

So she had a bit of regrowth too?
What did you end up doing?
Did you get a photo?!😊 X x

So she had a bit of regrowth too?
What did you end up doing?
Did you get a photo?!😊 X x

Yeah... Not happy with it. She has shirt hair and I was being too aware of that and I should have drug it down a little more. She comes back in next week

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361439745.680119.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361439745.680119.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 12,462
Bleh...

It's actually not this warm as the picture shows. It did hv somewhat of an ash tent.

I would have probably lifted to pale yellow ( depending on strength) and mixed , 1/4 8/0 and 1/4 9/60 illumina with pastel :) xx

Ok, I'll write this down in my book with the rest of the lovely formulas I find on salon geek. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back