Being aware of moles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
I was tanning a lady a couple of weeks ago. I noticed she had a mole on her shoulder blade.
I always make clients aware of moles on the back of their body because they obviously can't see them.
This one was not only black but it was pearlised looking so I informed her that she had a mole and that she should have it checked out next time she was at the doctors.
She had a brother who died of melanoma which I was aware of so she did get a bit anxious.

I met her out randomly last night and she had gone straight to the doctors the Monday after I spoke to her which was a Saturday and yes it has to be removed , she getting it off on Monday .
She's to let me know what the Derm says and how she gets on etc....she was very relieved and thanked me so much for telling her to have it checked ..

So don't be afraid to tell a client about a mole .
Things to look out for are changes in size , shape ,colour, texture. itching or bleeding . Skin cancer is on the rise but as with any cancer can be treated successfully if it is caught in time .
Know what to look out for , you could save a life .

Great post, Rinn!

I know of a massage therapist who was doing a massage and discovered a lump in her client. She literally saved the client's life. :)

Good work Rinn, she will always be thankful to you for that. I will add to the warning signs with look at the shape, is it symmetrical or irregular? The colour, again is it all one colour or is it patchy light and dark?

I don't wish to go into details, but a very observant beauty therapist literally DID save my life, for which I will obviously be eternally grateful.

Fantastic post!

Thankyou.

Latest posts

Back