Being critized on Facebook, what do I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Louise~

Reaction score
Hey geeks, would be most grateful if you could help me, I've worked myself into a state here...

I've been trained in HD Brows since May + I have quite a few regulars coming for them, I charge £25 which is what I was told was the lowest recceomended price.

Firstly I done a young client probably around July time, she seemed thrilled with them + even left a message on my Facebook page saying how happy she was with them. She still comes in regularly to buy bits + pieces of make up + has said she must book in again soon. However I noticed today on FB she had been reccomending to someone else that she gets them done in a salon in another town. But under the same post another girl I done in August commented saying she got them done with me + they were rubbish, overpriced + it was about how they were filled in after. Then 2 or 3 people commented saying that they would not be going to me after hearing that. She also commented that she would like them done properly somewhere.

Now this second girl seemed happy when she left, she even bought an eyebrow pallete from me. From my memory her eyebrows were very sparse + I said to her it would take a few goes to get them there, I told her exactly what I was told to mention to clients during the treatment. Now as far as I'm concered what she left with the HD Brow shape, but because her eyebrows were quite sparse they probably didn't look as defined as other clients. Thing is if she goes else where then the second time she gets them done they will have thickened up a bit, look better without make up + in her mind verify what she has been saying.

I sent her a mail saying that it had been brought to my attention she was umhappy with the treatment + I was happy to try + correct whatever she thought was the problem. She has not replied as of yet.I am so upset + embarrassed, what can I do? That's up for all to see.

Hey geeks, would be most grateful if you could help me, I've worked myself into a state here...

I've been trained in HD Brows since May + I have quite a few regulars coming for them, I charge £25 which is what I was told was the lowest recceomended price.

Firstly I done a young client probably around July time, she seemed thrilled with them + even left a message on my Facebook page saying how happy she was with them. She still comes in regularly to buy bits + pieces of make up + has said she must book in again soon. However I noticed today on FB she had been reccomending to someone else that she gets them done in a salon in another town. But under the same post another girl I done in August commented saying she got them done with me + they were rubbish, overpriced + it was about how they were filled in after. Then 2 or 3 people commented saying that they would not be going to me after hearing that. She also commented that she would like them done properly somewhere.

Now this second girl seemed happy when she left, she even bought an eyebrow pallete from me. From my memory her eyebrows were very sparse + I said to her it would take a few goes to get them there, I told her exactly what I was told to mention to clients during the treatment. Now as far as I'm concered what she left with the HD Brow shape, but because her eyebrows were quite sparse they probably didn't look as defined as other clients. Thing is if she goes else where then the second time she gets them done they will have thickened up a bit, look better without make up + in her mind verify what she has been saying.

I sent her a mail saying that it had been brought to my attention she was umhappy with the treatment + I was happy to try + correct whatever she thought was the problem. She has not replied as of yet.I am so upset + embarrassed, what can I do? That's up for all to see.

I don't really think there is much you can do to be honest.

You get clients who do this. But of you have other regulars who get them done from you and are happy then I would try and forget these young girls.

People come for an eyebrow treatment with very thin eyebrows and expect you to work miracles. I always say unfortunately I can't add any eyebrow on. I don't offer HD as I've not done the training.

I think all you can do is ignore these clients and carry on with your good work and hopefully all your good clients will be singing your praises.
You can't please everyone and I've found that eyebrows is a really funny one like I said earlier people expect you I work miracles.

I would forget about this and leave them to bitch. If you have other clients who are happy thn you must be doing something right. Maybe these girls are just after something ceap as £25 is alot to some people when u can get a wax for like a fiver.

I am not saying you are overpriced so don't take that the wrong way as I know the hd brows are expensive :)

Thanks for your reply!

She has since rang me + said there was nothing wrong with what I done but she felt that they were overpriced + didn't make her eyebrows thicker. She then apologised + said she shouldn't have wrote what she did. I explained to her again that I had told her it was a process of growing them into that shape,
It all ended on good terms.

However she still hasn't taken it down + the damage has already been done.it doesn't read tha Should I also comment on the post to defend myself or just leave it? If so what should I say?

Thanks so much for your help geeks!

Well the HD brows are expensive as it takes a lot longer I beleive?

I'm glad you got it resolved.

I'm not sure what the best thing to say would be.

If it was before you spoke to her you could have written something like:
Sorry you weren't happy with the look of your brows, if you would like to call me and we can discuss it and I could resolve the issue for you.

But maybe now you could say something like "Hi (clients name) I am glad you have me a call about your brows and glad we were able to sort out any issues you may have had about your brows. I'm sorry if you feel my prices are too expensive but I think they are very competitive I you look at other salons in the area. I also use good quality products and spend alot of time making the best of my clients brows If there are any other issues please do not hesitate to give me a call."

Does that sound ok? Or amend it to something that suit. Then anyone reading it will see that you have resolved it.

Can't you just delete it from your FB page?

I think you've dealt with it perfectly so I would just take it down and forget about it. x

yes i agree you were really professional about it, i know of beauticians/ nail techs who have fired into people on facebook and sent them abuse because of comments they have wrote which is never a good idea. I had someone write on facebook about a tan i did saying it was bright orange and i'd made her look like an umpa lumpa, it was 8% sienna x which is NOT orange and is the lightest colour possible?! people write stuff on facebook but don't think of the consiquences (hope that is spelt right) and its usually by people who don't have a job or work for a big company so don't understand the damage it does to a small company x

Can't you just delete it from your FB page?

I think you've dealt with it perfectly so I would just take it down and forget about it. x

From what I understand it's on someone else's wall so the op can't delete that.

Sorry I didn't explain that right, yeah it was on someone else's wall so I can't do anything about it

Sorry I didn't explain that right, yeah it was on someone else's wall so I can't do anything about it

Could you ask her to delete it?

How about just ignore it, what's happened has happened, you wont be the first, nor the last to be mentioned on f.book & put some before & after pics on of the h d brows you have done? That way clients can decide for themselves what they think of your work??. X

Latest posts

Back