Being induced vs C section

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I have spoken to my midwife loads about it, she's given me so much information about both childbirth methods. I've got another appmt with my consultant on the 4th April so am going to have a good chat with him then about it and see what he says. I hadn't thought about the pain I could be in while travelling to be honest so I need to consider that now, they have got a few family rooms at the hospital so I may be able to stay there for a while, will ask about that.
I've been hearing about a few babies with the same condition who have done/are doing really well so that fills me with so much hope :) xxx

Wishing you and baby Mia the best of luck whatever you decide! Keep in touch and let us know how you get on speaking to them!

Xxx

Hope she is ok! I was induced and in the end had an emergency c section so had both and I would fight for a c section as labour is stressful for you and baby and if she is poorly then I would like to get her out ASAP so she can be cared for, my baby got stuck after being in induced labour for days and next time I'm going straight for a c section because I'm not going through all that again just to end up being cut open again. If your baby is fragile the hospital should get her out rather than putting her through labour but they do know best but then you know best so go with what you feel is the best option for you and good luck

Thankyou everyone so much for your replies, it's so lovely to know there is so much support out there for me. I'm truely so grateful. Mm29, that's all I've heard about induced labours, no1 has had a good experience from them as far as I've been told so my mind is definitely made up.
I've got to be strong, I have no other option and I'm hoping that by me being positive it will give Mia the determination to fight aswel. We did get offered a termination but both me and my partner agreed that we would spend the rest of our lives wondering if she would have made it. And so we are going to give her the choice whether she wants to fight to stay with us. It's always at the back of my mind and I've had a bit of a breakdown about it tonight but overall I'm coping ok, think it's probably normal for me to be having a few bad days.
Any info you could find out for me from your friend mm29 would be so appreciated.
Again, thankyou so much everyone, I'm completely overwhelmed by everyone's kindness xxx

Il pm you x

Okaly doke xxx

I was over due with my first so i was induced but then rushed in for an emergency c-section. Being induced can be very distressing for your baby and could cause more problems then its worth.
Being rushed in for an emercancy c-section on its own is absoloutly petrifing. Not that im trying to scare you, just be prepared. My second has born by ceaser as well due to him being breached and i tell ya, having a planned ceaser is so much more relaxing, calm and rememerable then an emergancy one.

Because your baby already has complications i would be fighting for a c-section. Its going to make it so much better for everyone.

I hope all goes well, and if you have any questions or want to no anything about either c-section just let me no :)

On that note, my mum was induced 2 weeks ago and her labour was fine, no problems. And my sister inlaw has been induced 3 times with no complications.

Pika, I think information is the key here, so ask as many questions as you like/can and get as much info from midwifes and doctors to enable you to make an informed decision about the birth of your daughter.

We all have our own exeriences and they are all going to be different. I had an emergency c section with my first after 14 hours of labour. I was given medication to speed up the labour and that was painful. I hated being bed bound in the first days after the birth but I still managed to bond with my son and breastfeed.
My daughter was born by c section too, but although it was planned, it was quite traumatic so I cannot say the second time is easier. I wasn't confident enough to express my wishes and put my foot down, hence the bad birthing experience.

Don't forget that a c section is still classed as major surgery. My niece had her son at 24 weeks, also by c section (I'm not sure of all the details) and he had to be flown to Southampton from Jersey to be cared for. She had to wait until she had recovered enough to fly to be able to join him, I think it was 3 days, which was quite stressful for her.

Is it possible to move closer to the hospital for the time you are due? Is there any accommodation for new parents if she has to have a longer stay? I know my niece has to go over regularly with her son for heart surgery and I think there is quite a community there that support each other.

I believe that YOUR body will recover quicker from a natural birth, which could mean that you would be stronger after the birth. A c section would speak in your daughters favour.
Just a few more things that you might like to think about.

Best wishes

Pika have they said no to a section when you asked them? I am so surprised to be honest! I had an emergency section, I want to avoid it this time if possible but if I were in your shoes then I would be going for a section. My consultant has been quite clearly pleased that i have have opted for a vbac but in the same breath been fine if I had opted for a section, and I have opted for a section instead of induction if I go over.

I'm also surprised they haven't been through all the risks etc and the statistics which is what I have had with my consultant. The mucus on the lungs is true, I do have friends for who this was an issue with their feeding the first few weeks. I suppose it is a case of weighing that up with everything else and finding out to how what extent that may affect your baby.

Maybe have bullet ppints of reasons ans questions for next time you see your consultant? Surely you have more reason than most and in fact if you stand your ground they HAVE to go by your wishes.

Yes there is the pain and recovery aspect to consider, but you will be given drugs and I hope this isn't insensitive but if you won't be allowed to look after your poor baby yourself initially, then that recovery is a little easier. My sis in law had 2 sections, and said the first was a much easier recovery as her poor bubba was born at 28w and so in neonatal so she wasnt doing night feeds and having broken sleep. 2nd time round bubs was born around full term and she was caring for him from the off and said being much more tired made it physically more tiring, harder and longer to recover.
OBVIOUSLY that doesn't mean she would choose a repeat performance of a premature delivery and the 2nd was thw optimal birth but I am just offering a perspective about your physical health.

Its such a difficult time when there are so many unknown factors, I am finding that and I dont have the added worry that you have about your child's health and life. Choosing whem and how your baby is delivered would help give you back some control. I am so sorry that you and your baby are having to go through it and hope that everything goes as well as posisbke and as quickly as possible. As for choosing a section, defo stand your ground if you have made up your mind xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

They haven't said no but the midwife at the hospital I spoke to didn't seem like she was agreeing and just said "c sections aren't just something we do" I'm only 24 weeks now but I'm already petrified about the whole thing, whether they induce or do a c section, I know I'm going to have a full blown panic attack xxx

They haven't said no but the midwife at the hospital I spoke to didn't seem like she was agreeing and just said "c sections aren't just something we do" I'm only 24 weeks now but I'm already petrified about the whole thing, whether they induce or do a c section, I know I'm going to have a full blown panic attack xxx

You might not- pika, honestly you would be surprised how strong the mothering instinct is when it kicks in! Regardless of how your baby is delivered your body just gets in and does it without you thinking! You will find strength from somewhere, it's what we are designed to do!

Hi!!
Finally found this post! I am Pika, I've had to set up a new account as could not access my old one.
So, thought I'd hop on quick with an update..... baby Mia is now 8!!!!! Can you believe it?! She still has a feeding tube and severe scoliosis with rib rotation but she is incredible!

I have never forgotten everything Vixx and alot of you lovely lot did for us when Mia was born :) xxx

So glad that you came back to tell how things turned out. I'm glad she's incredible You sound like a great Mom to her.

Latest posts

Back