Being pregnant and treating clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByNikki

Reaction score
I've just found out I'm in the very early stages of pregnancy so not really looking to shout it from the roof tops but my immediate thought is my business and my clients. We have been trying for a baby so it's not unexpected but I didn't want to look into any of this in case I cursed it!

My plan is to work for as long as I comfortably can and get back as soon as possible, working around my husband's work.

What is everyone thoughts on Aromatherapy oils? A colleague told me that she stopped using them on clients as soon as she found out. I know there are definitely some no-go's but can I use any at all?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I offer lots of different treatments, am qualified to BTEC Level 3 and have done hot stones, lava shells, eyelash extensions, spray tanning, Shellac and Gelish.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Hi ya, ill start with congratulations hunni... Lovely news...

You need to be careful with the aromatherapy oils as I'm not exactly which ones you are meant to avoid, maybe research on net to which ones and check your bottles if you are using Pre-blended. I'll see if I can dig out notes on which ones ...
Again you are not meant to use hot stones due to the temperature of the stones, and it raising your body temperature. You can use them colder but why would a client come for a colder stone massage ... Lol ...
Spray tans - make sure your using a mask when spraying clients.

Xxxx

Thanks for your reply.

Oh no, I didn't realise I wouldn't be able to do hot stones and lava shells!

I know clary sage is definitely one to avoid. I was flicking through a book the other day and clary sage is all I can remember

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi congratulations I'm also pregnant, Clary Sage is a huge no go and also Rosemary as it is known to treat womens hormonal issues. I have continued all treatments but just been more careful ie not filling the foot spa quite so much so its not as heavy, diluting oils with more carrier so the smell is not as potent as usual etc. With hot stones I've continued as normal and its not been a problem for me but kept a cold compress flannel in the room and a glass of water in case I start to feel too warm. If I think of anything else I'll let you know x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies! Congrats to you too, justpampered!

Latest posts

Back