Being prepared

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Next week I have 2 clients booked in for an evening appointment for French Shellac. It is a Bride and Mother of the Bride.

I saw the mother 2 weeks ago as she came to me to have some Shellac done to help improve her nails for this next appointment. The daughter was originally coming to me but then decided she would go to someone nearer to her and wanted to have biosculpture instead of Shellac.

I then got a call from the mother to say that her daughter had been so impressed with my work ( :D ) that she now wanted me to do hers after all for the big day ( :Scared: )

I informed the mother that her daughter would need to have her gel removed before coming to me as it's not something I work with but she has informed me that she didn't have gel it was Shellac she had done.

I have a "feeling" that neither of them know what it is the daughter has actually had done and have a feeling I may be faced with the need to remove Gel.

So in the interest of being well prepared, could you give me some advise as to how I would get this off should it turn out NOT to be Shellac.

Many thanks :hug:

Good Morning,

Next week I have 2 clients booked in for an evening appointment for French Shellac. It is a Bride and Mother of the Bride.

I saw the mother 2 weeks ago as she came to me to have some Shellac done to help improve her nails for this next appointment. The daughter was originally coming to me but then decided she would go to someone nearer to her and wanted to have biosculpture instead of Shellac.

I then got a call from the mother to say that her daughter had been so impressed with my work ( :D ) that she now wanted me to do hers after all for the big day ( :Scared: )

I informed the mother that her daughter would need to have her gel removed before coming to me as it's not something I work with but she has informed me that she didn't have gel it was Shellac she had done.

I have a "feeling" that neither of them know what it is the daughter has actually had done and have a feeling I may be faced with the need to remove Gel.

So in the interest of being well prepared, could you give me some advise as to how I would get this off should it turn out NOT to be Shellac.

Many thanks :hug:

Hi Planky

I do what Gr8nails always says - if you didn't put it on buff the seal first before soaking - lol.

I am doing a Bio Sculpture course in a few weeks and I believe it comes off the same way as Shellac, but I am sure a Bio tech will be along soon, good luck x

Planky1, if its Biosculpture it soaks off exactly the same way as Shellac. Having done Biosculpture many years ago, it is an easy product to remove. IF its a buff off gel then I am not qualified to answer, but I am sure other Geeks will help
HTH
Fiona :biggrin:

Most products will come off some buffing and then soaking off. It would pay to allow longer than your used too...

If it turns out to be a hard gel you will need to buff it right down and then apply shellac over the remainder

You will know soon as you start filing if it feels soft/spongy it will soak off

Make sure to allow time and you'll be fine

Well done for converting them with skill :)

That's what I like to hear!!! Well done, planks!
All good advice from above.

Great, thank you so much everyone. Can I just ask what grade file I use please or type of buffer so I can get one in, as I only use 240 grit for natural nails xx

A 180 will do the trick for you. You don't need to go lower than that.

A 180 will do the trick for you. You don't need to go lower than that.

Great, thanks Geeg

Now to get playing with some designs today :)

Wow, good for you! Exciting stuff - go girl! :biggrin:

Wow, good for you! Exciting stuff - go girl! :biggrin:

Thank you, I am rather excited, just hope I do a good job now and they last!! :Scared:

Thank you, I am rather excited, just hope I do a good job now and they last!! :Scared:

You will and they will! Good luck! :)

Good luck Planky!

What ever you do it is going to be a fab booking, enjoy :)

whoohoo rock on planky , well done.x

The bride chose you because of your work! Believe in yourself, that's a fantastic compliment! :biggrin:

Thank you everyone :biggrin: :hug:

Well thought I would update you as they came tonight. Was so nervous beforehand because I wanted them to be perfect for her and am so pleased as I have just done the best French Manicures I think I have ever done!! :) I laid on some Champagne and Strawberries and the Bride loved it and said it was her first "wedding champagne" and happily drank half the bottle :lol: They said it was a really lovely personal touch.

It was Shellac she had on her nails, she said the lamp and bottles were the same. Great I thought, nice quick soak off and get cracking. No. I had a nightmare getting it off. It materialised as we were chatting that where she had been before had done 2 thick coats of every layer, including base coat and cured every layer for 2 minutes......including base coat. Cuticle work took the girl about 3 seconds she said (which was apparent because it took me ages to get all the cuticle off) and no Scrubfresh had been used. They had all lifted and peeled and looked awful and I had to soak most of the nails in wraps twice because it just didn't want to budge.

Long and short of it is, despite living in a different county, she now wants to come to me to have her nails done in future because she was so delighted with them :green:

The Mum was really happy too and both will be recommending me to anyone who'll listen, they even tipped me £10 and said I deserved every penny.

Chuffed to bits is an understatement, it's been a very long time since I felt this proud of myself :) I will upload a picture of them in the morning

Aww fantastic. Well done you. The champagne and strawberries was a fantastic idea. For bridal parties i lay on wine and cupcakes. Hope there was champagne left over for you to have a glass afterwards, lol. Xx

Great job Planky my girl! And a lovely occasion for the bride to remember. Job well done I'd say. X

Fantastic! Well done, let's hope they leave you a great testimonial on your website x

Thank you :) Am really pleased, it felt good seeing her smile so much. I'm a very happy chappy :D

Here are the pictures :) The Bride wanted subtle but I managed to persuade her to try having Silver VIP over the top of the Negligee and Creme Puff, she did and nearly squealed with excitement when she saw them Lol! I couldn't get a picture that shows the sparkle though but it was there :wink2:

The Mother has never had polish on her nails before so wanted it really subtle, almost not there, so we did Moonlight & Roses with Studio White tips and Gold VIP Status over the top, which picked up the colours of M&R really beautifully.

Attachments

• DSCF1122.jpg
    DSCF1122.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF1119.jpg
    DSCF1119.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 208

Latest posts

Back