Being sued for eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albutt

Reaction score
Hi I have a hair and beauty salon where everyone is self employed. I am being sued by a girl that had lash extensions on . She had a skin test 48hours before with no reaction. She had her lashes on but next day phoned to say her eyes were sore so I asked her to come back to the salon. She was offered to have them taken off or to take antihistamines and to see if it settled down . She decided to keep them on . The next day her mother phoned to say her eyes were swollen so she was asked to come straight back in so that they could be taken off . After they were taken off she was given her money back as a good will gesture and was told to carry on with the antihistamine and to pop down to the local hospital to make sure that was the best thing to do . On leaving her mother thanked me and said she was annoyed with her daughter for getting them done as she once had a reaction to glue in another salon when she had nail extensions. About a month later I had a letter off a no win no fee solicitor who was suing me for his expenses so that he could then sue me again for compensation for the girl. I refused to pay until I knew what he wanted for the girl so he sent bailiffs to my salon to get £2000 off me . Now he is taking me to court again for £4000 plus fees plus interest. I don't know what to do i feel I am being bullied. I have no option but to go bankrupt

There is a facebook group called bailiffs, debts and bills (might not be in that order)
If you post this on there, you will get lots of legal advice from people who deal with these kind of situations all the time, really helpful.
That goes for anyone dealing with any kind of debt related stress xx

Also, shouldnt your insurance not be dealing with this anyway?

Plus if she's self employed technically should the girl who done the lashes and her insurance be dealing with this?

You need to see a solicitor urgently.
Are the staff properly self employed running their own businesses or are they working for your salon?

As above, your insurer should be dealing with this or if they’re genuinely self employed, then it’s down to the lash technician to refer it to her insurer.

It really isn’t a big deal as clients do have reactions and that’s why you purchase public liability insurance.

I suspect this is a wind up thread as you don’t get Bailiffs visiting until after a successful court action and the figures you’re quoting are completely ludicrous for someone who has only had a mild reaction to lash glue.

Either that or you’re being taken for a ride?

You need to see a solicitor urgently.
Are the staff properly self employed running their own businesses or are they working for your salon?

As above, your insurer should be dealing with this or if they’re genuinely self employed, then it’s down to the lash technician to refer it to her insurer.

It really isn’t a big deal as clients do have reactions and that’s why you purchase public liability insurance.
My public liability had finished two weeks before and I didn't realise

I suspect this is a wind up thread as you don’t get Bailiffs visiting until after a successful court action and the figures you’re quoting are completely ludicrous for someone who has only had a mild reaction to lash glue.

Either that or you’re being taken for a ride?
I assure you this is no wind up

The self employed member of staff who applied the lashes should be dealing with this not the salon owner. It should go through his/her insurance.

Latest posts

Back