Being your own nail tech, classy or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-youbeautifull

Reaction score
Thinking head is on again, :irked:
Since I've been qualified in two nail systems I have been doing my own nails:|

Rather than spending £30+ for other people to do them.
Wondered how many people out there actully do there own or go to someone else?..

However, mine never seem to turn out as good as they are on clients:sad:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had my nails done by anyone else only me. I have Shellac now but prior to that I used to do my own extensions,using tips and l&p overlay. I'll admit to using French tips and soaking off after 1 fill and doing a new set, I cannot bear to do a backfill on myself, it's a right royal pain in the a..e.

The thought of paying good money to someone else, only to have them possibly pop off/lift/look a bit naff just goes right against the grain!

And you are your own best advert :green:

I've always done my own nails. My best advertisement!

I do my own, my left hand is sometimes questionable (im left handed) but I agree with gigi , its my best advert xxx

I don't go to anyone else now for my nails to be done , but I only tend to shellac or minx them which is straight forward enough for me to do .
If I wanted L+P though I would have to go to someone else cos I'm rubbish at doing that on my self lol

I've always done my own nails. My best advertisement!

Me too, if someone says I have nice nails I can say I do them myself!

Always do My own ,
I would let others work on me ... But don't know anyone lol

I do my own as well, my right hand is never as good as left though but I wouldn't go to anyone else! ;)

yep, i do my own. When i want enhancements i build the bed 1st or rebalancing i always cut off the end, file my new smile line and then extend again,(reverse technique) only way i can get a neat smile line on myself.x 579241_360678630645467_154621471251185_1037188_1851372793_n.jpg

thankyou for all the responce:D

didnt think about the advertisment bit to be honest, but what a great idea
I guess il stick to doing my own, maybe i need to do my own extentions more often to get them as good as clients?

as we say practise makes perfect
Thanks everyone :)

I always do my own too. I'm forever changing the color, be it shellac or cnd polish, adding nail art, crystals, glitter, minx etc(not all at the same time of course hehe) so it would cost me a fortune if I went somewhere else:)
Best form of advertising for me also.:)

Nothing to do with it being classy or not, m'lovely!

As everyone else has said, you can't get any better advertising than doing your own nails :D

Plus, if I want something done properly (around this particular area) I have to do it myself... to pay the competitors for the priviledge of me coming home and doing them to my style anyway is rather galling :p

I'm ok at the left hand but when doing the right (because I'm right handed) , I tend to find myself holding the file fairly still in my left hand and then doing all the work with my right hand, moving it in a curved way etc against the file, as it's the only hand I really have any control over lol . . . anybody else do this?

I'm ok at the left hand but when doing the right (because I'm right handed) , I tend to find myself holding the file fairly still in my left hand and then doing all the work with my right hand, moving it in a curved way etc against the file, as it's the only hand I really have any control over lol . . . anybody else do this?

yup, that's the only way I can do it that wouldn't take me hours or a cramp in my hand :)

yep, i do my own. When i want enhancements i build the bed 1st or rebalancing i always cut off the end, file my new smile line and then extend again,(reverse technique) only way i can get a neat smile line on myself.xView attachment 13880

I used to do it the same way! But it take too much time x

Blossom I do exactly the same !

If im Shellacing I do it myself, but always get my Acrylics done for me-saves me time and they look a whole lot better than I could do. (I have Perm French)
Plus, I like to go and have them done-a bit of time out and pampering for me! (oh and a good old gossip!)

i always do my own nails, like others best advertisement and i was told when i started out if you can do your own nails you can do anyones!!

I always do my own. Apart from being my advert, I am my best model! I'm always available, never moan, and very cheap!

Joking aside, it was very satisfying seeing my polishing skills really come together on my own nails.

Most of my clients have traditionally been educators/ nail techs...

They want great nails like they could do. But struggle to do their 'off' hand...

I see no issue in that, if someone commented they would simply say 'I'm a nail tech...'

Of course the trick is having someone else do a set you are proud to wear ..

I too always do my own nails, I tend to do nails that look different from a plain nail and I always receive enquiries of where they can get them done, great advertising technique 

Latest posts

Back