Belle or Oakley Academy hair extension courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Faye

Reaction score
Hi I've narrowed two courses down that are the right price and location for me but which one would any of you recommend to me before i book.either Belle or Oakley academy? Thank you xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv not used either personally as I qualified many moons ago but iv heard nothing but good reviews about oakley academy and I know a few people who weren't happy with the belle training x

Hi I've narrowed two courses down that are the right price and location for me but which one would any of you recommend to me before i book.either Belle or Oakley academy? Thank you xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I trained with Belle some time ago and found the course Ok, only thing I would say is don't use the hair recommended by them! Do your own research on which is best :)

I trained with Oakley Academy and Kay & The other girl were absolute lovely couldn't fault them, if a have any problems at all there always happy to help! xxx

Pebblesxo - Were you experienced in hair before this course? I am looking to do it, I am pretty good at doing hair like curling, up do's etc but I have never done hairdressing and I am worried that I won't be able to learn the cutting techniques in 1 day. Also did you practice on model heads or real life models?

thanks!!

Oakley academy are really good and helpful even after the course they still get back to answer any questions I've had xx😀

I trained with Oakley academy. The teacher was nice but she seemed tired which I feel affected the overall teaching of the course. I personally feel that it wasnt a great course.

I found the course basic and I knew more about hair extensions than the teacher herself. If you're looking to do a hair extension course i'd book with a more established company thats been around longer like Great lengths. Ive now booked my hair extension training with another company.

I trained with Oakley academy. The teacher was nice but she seemed tired which I feel affected the overall teaching of the course. I personally feel that it wasnt a great course.

I found the course basic and I knew more about hair extensions than the teacher herself. If you're looking to do a hair extension course i'd book with a more established company thats been around longer like Great lengths. Ive now booked my hair extension training with another company.

I trained over 5 years ago and done each method individually - trufully you won't learn enough doing 2-3 methods or more in one day without sounding rude to people that have done these intense courses there are a few girls round my way that have done and some of the work I've seen is below standard because they haven't learned enough.

If Your a qualified hairdresser go through college and learn the methods or learn the methods individually would be worth it in the long run

I have trained with belle and more recently km .. You will only ever learn the basics on a one day course .. I learnt to fit properly through experience and learning from my mistakes also salon geek helped a lot too .. I always had a passion for hair and it pushed me to do my level two as I wasn't confident with blending but most clients won't mind if you can't cut them in if they are getting a good quality fit and do ur research for hair .. Good luck x

I have trained with belle and more recently km .. You will only ever learn the basics on a one day course .. I learnt to fit properly through experience and learning from my mistakes also salon geek helped a lot too .. I always had a passion for hair and it pushed me to do my level two as I wasn't confident with blending but most clients won't mind if you can't cut them in if they are getting a good quality fit and do ur research for hair .. Good luck x

What hair do you use? Yep same as you, you learn the basics & learn by your mistakes, and I'm always on salon geek asking for advice lol. I heard Oakley classes are smaller then belle which is better, I trained with KM for nano rings & LA weave I had no problem with them, and In a few weeks I'm going to train with Oakley to train for Hot fusion and micro rings method. I defiantly would reccommend breaking up the methods as some company do 4 methods in one day! Think that's too much. Hope this helps.

What hair do you use? Yep same as you, you learn the basics & learn by your mistakes, and I'm always on salon geek asking for advice lol. I heard Oakley classes are smaller then belle which is better, I trained with KM for nano rings & LA weave I had no problem with them, and In a few weeks I'm going to train with Oakley to train for Hot fusion and micro rings method. I defiantly would reccommend breaking up the methods as some company do 4 methods in one day! Think that's too much. Hope this helps.
I did rings and fusion with belle and braided, la and micro weft with km .. Km was a smaller group but I still went away with a full brain .. I use transform and remi cachet x

My experience with Oakley academy was similar to yours, nice girls but the teacher did seem tired.
I also found that the kit wasnt as good as it was described, one item did break which Ive since had to replace other items have not yet broke but feel are very cheap not;
good enough to use after the course.

The girls were nice which was a plus but I wouldnt recommend this course. I feel that this company is more interested in the money side of things.
I had some prior knowledge in extensions so for me, the teacher had less experience with extensions than I
imagined (dated/incorrect information provided). I also felt pressured to give a good review of the course but I would rather be honest.

Hi - I wouldn't recommend belle academy at all. In total you are there for about 6 hours and it's very rushed. Not enough time for practical.
I am not a hairdresser so am not used to handling hair so felt I needed more time on sectioning and applying. It also felt quite uncomfortable to ask questions.
Obviously practice makes perfect but it would be good to have more practice in the class you are paying for to learn.

Oh and do not use their recommendation of glamorous lengths, it's not real Russian hair and it feels horrendous, also very thin.
Even with their trade 30% off code they give you the hair still works out more expensive the other suppliers compared to quality you get.
x

We used to teach students in a class experience but we now have just One-2-One each day. So just one tutor and one student which we feel is better. If two people come together then we provide two tutors. We agree if students are non-hairdressers then learning one method is a good idea and then build up your portfolio up with additional methods when you build up your confidence and speed.

My experience with Oakley academy was similar to yours, nice girls but the teacher did seem tired.
I also found that the kit wasnt as good as it was described, one item did break which Ive since had to replace other items have not yet broke but feel are very cheap not;
good enough to use after the course.

The girls were nice which was a plus but I wouldnt recommend this course. I feel that this company is more interested in the money side of things.
I had some prior knowledge in extensions so for me, the teacher had less experience with extensions than I
imagined (dated/incorrect information provided). I also felt pressured to give a good review of the course but I would rather be honest.

Hi please can you message us and let us know your name and the date you attended training,
We understand your screen name might not be relevant to your actual name, however we have no Alexia on our student records,
We have started to notice the increase in fake reviews as our company has great ones across the internet,
we are quickly becoming the most popular training provider due to our high standards and some other companies sadly take to slander rather than improve their own standards.
We would love to hear your feedback as our kit is one of the best available in the industry and we guarantee our tools included in the kit under a standard guarantee, we would replace any item, we have had no correspondence from any students with a broken kit item?
All our teachers are qualified and kept up to date with the latest methods.
As we are the only company accredited by BABTAC our educators are the only ones who are to comply with CPD.
We would be interested in what you thought our educators could not answer.
We would like to verify your review and offer our feedback in anyway,
Please contact us [email protected]
Best wishes

Last edited:

Hi please can you message us and let us know your name and the date you attended training,
We have started to notice the increase in fake reviews as our company has great ones across the internet,
we are quickly becoming the most popular training provider due to our high standards and some other companies sadly take to slander rather than improve their own standards.
As we are the only company accredited by BABTAC our educators are the only ones who are to comply with CPD.
We would be interested in what you thought our educators could not answer?
Best wishes

We understand that your screen name may not be relevant to your actual name however we have no Sarah Marcelo on our student records,
We would be interested in what you thought our educators could not answer?
Best wishes

Last edited:
Hi - I wouldn't recommend belle academy at all. In total you are there for about 6 hours and it's very rushed. Not enough time for practical.
I am not a hairdresser so am not used to handling hair so felt I needed more time on sectioning and applying. It also felt quite uncomfortable to ask questions.
Obviously practice makes perfect but it would be good to have more practice in the class you are paying for to learn.

Oh and do not use their recommendation of glamorous lengths, it's not real Russian hair and it feels horrendous, also very thin.
Even with their trade 30% off code they give you the hair still works out more expensive the other suppliers compared to quality you get.
x

Hello! Please email us [email protected] so we can look into this. Our academy have a strict feedback policy to ensure that all students feel that they have learned what is taught on the day. We would be happy to help and verify your review.

Kind regards, Belle Academy x

I was trained with Wonderfulhair extensions 2 day course using cold fusion system
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1431852681.827284.jpg

My clients love the results and the system is quick and easy to use
Contact them for more information
I hope this information helps

I did a 121 course with Oakley Academy and would definitely recommend them. I wasn't rushed at all and if I didn't feel happy my trainer went over anything with me until I was happy to move on, it also included cutting extensions. :D

Latest posts

Back