Bend over backwards or just bending over?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonnibabes

Reaction score
How far do you go for clients? Do u ever feel taken a loan of? I worry if I don't accommodate they won't come back or wen I need them they with be good with me!

Feels like this week everyone has been so demanding wanting certain times then changing/texting out blue for immediate appointment and seeming peeved if I can't, I'm not 24 hours!

Maybe touch hormonal and reading between the lines a bit but do u ever feel like that! I could cry real tears lol cxxxx

I feel exactly the same as you :-( this is my first week off in three years, I have worked all day today, will be working most of Friday and am also working Saturday and Sunday! I can't help but give in to pleading customers but I'm going to have to try harder as I'm at breaking point.

Anyone else struggle to say No, sometimes I find it less stressful to just give them what they want rather than stand my ground.

You're right though PMT does not help, nor does lack of sleep :-( chin up xxx

To help in these situations you need to try and think of yourself as an employee of your business rather than you being the boss.

If you think your only doing what the 'boss' says then you will find it easier to say no to these clients.

You need to look after yourself because 'a flat battery is good to no-one', you need to have some rest & 'you time' or you will run yourself into the ground & become useless to your clients & your family.

:Love:

I'm 27 weeks pregnant so thot people might lay off a bit! It's not even that I'm swamped busy just feels everyone is so demanding and hate to refuse as obviously need all the extra pennies for baby comin.

The lady who just asked to change her nail ap has just refused me to stay on late tho, said I've not to dare! She's so nice now I feel bad she was sendin me over the edge!

I'm the same, only ever take time off if have something on or going physically on holiday.

If ur "off" this week why O why u working so much?! U defo need time to relax, hope ur okay Hun xxxxxx

Good advice baggy bear xxxxx

totally agree with baggybear but i can very much relate to the OP, thats exactly what I was like until fairly recently really, when I took control a bit more and started to block out certain times and yes even a few days or week off (i found unless I was actually GOING AWAY it was really hard to get people to accept that i was trying to have some time off, particularly working from home, one even said "yes but im going out that evening, and you will be here, won't you" to which i would buckle and give in :rolleyes:

Now I just draw a line through say, a week, and if anyone pushes it I just say "oh I might be away so I'd better not book anything in that week" even if I have no intention of going anywhere but it does stop the pushy ones in their tracks.

Try to look after yourself because nobody else will :) xx

You have to be polite, but stand your ground!

If you are taking a week off, let your clients know that. If they demand an appt, tell them "sorry but it's my week off". Keep reiterating it until they get the message. They will eventually start to feel rather stupid asking the same question in different ways, if you reply with the same consistent answer each time and don't buckle.

They should be the ones feeling bad, not you!x

one even said "yes but im going out that evening, and you will be here, won't you" to which i would buckle and give in :rolleyes:

To that Blossom, I would have said "yes I am, but I'm busy, it's my day off!". You don't need to explain anything. You're busy... End of!

Jeez some clients really do take the Michael don't they?xx

Don't get me started, ive bent over backwards for so long i need sticks and a zimmerframe! People do like to take the mick dont they. Last week i had in total £150 pound in last minute cancellations and no shows, i now make a list of people that do my head in or have messed me around so that when they phone they get told im fully booked till 2020! I do love my job, i just dislike people in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

Lol I'm sorry u girls feel the same as me but it's defo made me feel better knowing it's not just me! Xxxx

I think we are all in the same boat and we do bend over backwards , but remember at the end of the day we get no tks!! For the last 3 months I have worked solidly my salon job, and mobile been wrecked barely seen my kids and hubby- bent over backwards fitting people in. The result is you end up feeling crap that you're failing at everything. Someone text me re a wedding ap so I said I had to check my diary and I would let her know... Got a text like 30 mins later ????? Really annoyed me !! I know she went somewhere else and got her hair coloured too- so I told her I was fully booked that day !! How bad is that just because she p.... Me off lol xx

pleased its not just me. oooh and to top it off i have the good old 9 till 8 shift tomorrow. oh joy!

We stick to salon time scales etc like booking back for there cut and finish but I have to say I haven't turned down clients that come in, in lunch time ( we have lots of walk in trade)

pleased its not just me. oooh and to top it off i have the good old 9 till 8 shift tomorrow. oh joy!

Could be worse .... I do mine Friday !!! 😭

Latest posts

Back