Benefit fraud

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is someone who has given me and my husband nothing but trouble for a long time, who I have to deal with on a regular basis and someone I dislike more than words can say. I'm not 'worked up' about it, I just think it's unfair.
I'm going to let it go and try and get on with my life, I just wish she would do the same with me!

I actually knew someone very similar. I knew for a fact that they were committing fraud. I didn't do anything but what annoyed me more than anything was their arrogance. He used to strut around and imply we were all mugs for working.

I did let it go. I truly believe in karma and I believe that behaving in a greedy, selfish, negative way will have an effect in the long run. Sadly we may not be around to see it!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It is someone who has given me and my husband nothing but trouble for a long time, who I have to deal with on a regular basis and someone I dislike more than words can say. I'm not 'worked up' about it, I just think it's unfair.

I'm going to let it go and try and get on with my life, I just wish she would do the same with me!

"Worked up" "annoyed" same thing but I wasn't trying to be funny there.

I can totally understand your point of view, especially seeing as though there are personal issues as well. I'd be tempted too.

You have raised a good point though because I honestly don't know what I'd do tbh.

I was dragged through court for this & it was all false. Going bk yrs ago when I first met my now husband I was reported for him living with me. He did stay on a Saturday night that was all & he was having some post sent to my home which is not illegal. I was dragged through magistrates court & then crown court & I was looking at 2 yrs in prison. Luckily a month before my trial date it was thrown out of court as all the prosecution had was the mail being sent to my address & my barrister was able to chase up all the people that my partner was staying with as he was sofa surfing at the time hence why his mail was being sent to my address. The strain it put on me & my children was enormous & the shame I felt being dragged through court even though I was innocent. The social security spent more money taking me through court than what was allegedly owed. Funny thing is a found out who reported me a few months back & it was all because me & my partner was discussing getting married.

I definitely wouldn't report anyone either, you never know their full story and even if they were being fraudulent it might just be because they're desperate!xxx

I was dragged through court for this & it was all false. ...The strain it put on me & my children was enormous & the shame I felt being dragged through court even though I was innocent. The social security spent more money taking me through court than what was allegedly owed. Funny thing is a found out who reported me a few months back & it was all because me & my partner was discussing getting married.

How bloody awful! I hope you've managed to move on from this.

I had a boyfriend years ago who was falsely accused of benefit fraud when he was a student. Similarly, the prosecution dropped their case immediately after he pleaded not guilty and it was thrown out of the crown court. They had no real evidence (obviously) but were still happy to take a punt on him pleading guilty, in which case they would not be required to reveal their non existent case.

However, this was what directly led me to studying law. During the period he was charged, I spent hours reading up on the relevant case law to help him fight the charges. We split up (amicably) not long after but it did leave a lasting impression on me. There are sadly, still far too many miscarriages of justice but that will always be the case. What's important to remember is that a person is innocent till proven guilty!

I wouldn't report anyone, but that's mostly because I'm a moral coward. I totally take on board, also, that it is difficult to make an accurate judgement and it's possible to cause awful stress. However, to balance the argument, we all pay - if we are ourselves honest - for fraudulent claims. I'm becoming less tolerant of dishonesty.

On the other side of it I had a friend who was charged with benefit fraud and was totally guilty. 6 months in prison!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

People always get caught in the end or karma will find them.

I was very tempted once, a girl I knew was claiming every benefit possible, pleading poverty but had sky, internet, a flat screen, iphone, laptop, designer clothes, always away on weekends. Then shacked up with a dodgy fella, moved him in with her and didn't declare it, he was paying her rent and bills and she kept claiming for them! I had the number typed in my phone ready but just couldn't do it, (not for her sake! But for her children's sake) does make me bloody mad tho!!!!! 😡😡😡 xxx

I was very tempted once, a girl I knew was claiming every benefit possible, pleading poverty but had sky, internet, a flat screen, iphone, laptop, designer clothes, always away on weekends. Then shacked up with a dodgy fella, moved him in with her and didn't declare it, he was paying her rent and bills and she kept claiming for them! I had the number typed in my phone ready but just couldn't do it, (not for her sake! But for her children's sake) does make me bloody mad tho!!!!! 😡😡😡 xxx

I know wot you mean. It is tempting. But like everyone says, they will be caught out... hopefully lol xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back