Benefit fraud

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to be bed bound to claim disability. It is an allowance to help disabled people live as normal a life as possible, and the assessing is pretty rigorous and horrible. being disabled is hard and there are many adjustments that need to be made in your life and home. You can work on DLA and I assume on PIP as well. If you do not know all the hard facts you could put people through hell for no reason.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

The whole benefit system needs a good shake up.
I have clients who genuinely need the extra help but can't get it. Saw that too on a daily basis when I was mobile :-(

Yet I see others who claim every penny they can, plead poverty and have 2 children, 5 dog's, 4 cat's and reptiles!! Constantly bragging they're off out for lunch, or a weekend away begging for people to look after their animals because they can afford boarding kennels or catteries...don't have animals if you can't afford them

Makes my blood boil but I have to let it go in one ear and out the other, smile, that their cash and re book them in for their 4-8 weekly cuts and.colours...and let karma catch up with them.

Sadly though, some always fall in the crap and.still come out smelling of rose's... Just let them get on with it

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

To the op, just wondering what your point of view on this as you have only commented once. Where you thinking of reporting someone?

If I was 100% sure and had no doubt whatsoever that they were claiming benefits fraudulently, of course I would.

But, no one can actually know 100% and you can't just go reporting people willy nilly.

You just gotta hope that, if it is a fraudulent claim, they'll get found out in the end and have the book thrown at them!

My humble opinion is

1. If it doesn't hurt or hinder your life directly in my opinion leave well alone .....

2. What will you actually gain from this if it's not going to change YOUR life for the better again why do it?

Why oh why would you be worried about what anyone else is doing.....life is too short to be troubling yourself with other peoples wrong doings ....

live your life be happy and let the wrong uns in the world live their lives the way they want karma will show it's face to them soon enough ....

It's very easy for us to judge others when we don't necessarily know anything about other people’s lives or what they’ve been through...but we tend to make assumptions and hold people to a “standard” thats created in our own minds as to what's right or wrong ......

Let people behave the way they wish to and continue living your life the way you wish....

Why adults still engage in petty behavior is beyond me. At this age, we should bypass the bullsh*t and focus on ourselves and what’s going on in our personal lives.

There’s no reason to butt yourself in someone else’s business as I'm sure you would be pretty peeved if someone did the same to you....

Don’t involve yourself in things that are irrelevant to your own life. Instead focus on yourself and how to improve your own life.....

Does it pee me off when people claim benefits that they are not entitled to yes of course but by me worrying about it stresses me more...doesn't benefit me in anyway and is not my business ....most things In life pee me off one way or another but if I let myself get involved in it all I'd end up in a dinny home ....live and let live I say x

I'm quite surprised by the responses.....

Why are you surprised?
At the end of the day most just mind their own business as mad as it does make us, they'll hopefully get found out 1 day.
To be fair I'm to busy with my own life to be thinking of reporting every "alleged fraudulant claimant" if I reported everyone whom I THINK COULD be I'd never be off the phone lol

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

There's more to life!

I could never grass anyone up. As long as they're not harming animals or children, I don't make other people's business my business.

It would really depend on the situation. I have a friend with fibromyalgia. Some days, she is fine and can work a full day, other days she literally can't even get out of bed. If someone reported her because they saw her on an 'OK day' I'd have a fit! But it's true that some people do take the p*** and I meet so many hard-working people struggling with children and jobs that it does make me angry the others like to sit on their butts and claim what they're not entitled to. Would I report it though? Now that is a question. I'd need all the facts, and tbh how many of us truly know everything about a person?

I definitely wouldn't. I have been very tempted once though someone I knew very well had claimed single parent when her partner had always been there. When I found this out I was tempted to report her but I just couldn't do it. Turns out either someone else reported her or she got caught out anyway but I am glad I don't have a guilty conscience over it!! After that happening I will be keeping my nose out. X

I'm more likely to report someone beating their dog or child than benefit fraud. I'm not really all up in anyone else's grill that much to know that sort of stuff. I got my own problems.

Love many , trust few.
Always paddle your own canoe.

I take that to mean ...mind your own business and do your own thing....sounds good to me.

I wouldn't but am shocked at people's deceit.

The woman who is claiming benefit for her disabilities meaning she can barely walk is caught surf boarding in Australia.

How could you?

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would definitely report someone I knew for a fact was hurting animals or children. I would make that my business!

To the op, just wondering what your point of view on this as you have only commented once. Where you thinking of reporting someone?

I was thinking about it but have read the comments and decided against it. It's just frustrating to know that she is doing the wrong thing and getting away with it :mad:

Why is it frustrating you so much ? it is none of your business. Try and not to be so nosey and just get on with your life.

I was thinking about it but have read the comments and decided against it. It's just frustrating to know that she is doing the wrong thing and getting away with it :mad:

I have to ask, is it just one particular person who has got you so riled up?

Does the issue go deeper with this woman than the benefit fraud?

I know it's frustrating but it seems to me like this has got you overly worked up.

It is someone who has given me and my husband nothing but trouble for a long time, who I have to deal with on a regular basis and someone I dislike more than words can say. I'm not 'worked up' about it, I just think it's unfair.
I'm going to let it go and try and get on with my life, I just wish she would do the same with me!

It is someone who has given me and my husband nothing but trouble for a long time, who I have to deal with on a regular basis and someone I dislike more than words can say. I'm not 'worked up' about it, I just think it's unfair.

I'm going to let it go and try and get on with my life, I just wish she would do the same with me!

Yes, don't stoop down to her level and play dirty just because you can.

She will get what's coming eventually. Karma is a b*tch!!

Latest posts

Back