Benefit or Double Wear foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double wear light is great also i recently tried the new lancome Teint idole one and it was fantastic,no transfer whatsoever onto my phone screen lol :p

I give my vote to the Double Wear as it really does last. The only problem is that I find it can make my skin look a bit dry so I mix it with a little moisturiser and it's fine. Also a little product goes a long way so the price is worth it. I had been hoping to get the double wear light but it was too dark for me :(. Happy with what I got though.

Double wear light is great also i recently tried the new lancome Teint idole one and it was fantastic,no transfer whatsoever onto my phone screen lol :p

I HATE that. Although, now that I think about it I haven't noticed it happening recently.

Tried loads and double wear is the best!

Have been wearing double wear for years and would never change. BEST FOUNDATION EVER!!!! :D

Another huge fan of double wear... My skin is horrendous with spots and old acne scars and it's the only thing that makes my skin look nice. I put my make up on at 7.30 am every morning, and after a MENTAL day in work yesterday, my last client at 8.30 pm commented on how fresh my make up looked?! I hadn't touched it all day... :)

I think it's fab!! Xx

Out of interest, how do you all apply your foundation? Fingers, brush or sponge?

Chanel Pro Lumiere has been discontinued (for the poster who recommended it) - they revamped their whole foundation range just before Christmas.

I use fingers for Double Wear, it 'sets' quite quickly and doesn't blend very well with a brush unless the brush is quite wet and you work very quickly. It gives me a better finish with fingers but try a few different ways to see what suits you. It probably depends on your skin type.

I use fingers too. Was using a brush when I first converted but got a better finish with fingers. I found I sometimes looked caked with the brush.

Out of interest, how do you all apply your foundation? Fingers, brush or sponge?

I use a foundation brush but use my fingers if there is anywhere that needs extra blending :)

Another vote for Double Wear - have been using it since my wedding day (6 years!) and it works a treat. Also use Estee Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint when I have a good skin day or a tan!

Thanks everyone. The girl used a brush on me yesterday and have to say I didn't like the finish with it, so when I got back I used a make up sponge. It gave a nice finish but soaked into the sponge really quick so I ended up using quite a lot :eek: This morning I have used my fingers and used waaaay too much as I used the same amount as I did yesterday. But it has given a better finish and I have wiped off the excess with tissue and now it looks fine.
My skin is VERY dry, so think I need to have an oily-ish moisturiser underneath perhaps but otherwise I love it and can't believe how well it's covering all the scars and redness on my face. Just need to minimise my pores somehow on my cheeks now, then I think it will look pretty flawless!! :D

Was asking as well because I know that it's usually a big no no to use fingers, or so I've always been told anyway......

I use double wear light, I have super dry skin so I mix it with moisturiser..prob about 2/3 moisturiser 1/3 foundation and apply with a buffing brush, it gives an amazing dewy finish and completely covers my prob skin without looking cakey.

ive used all sorts over the years but have always gone back to Laura geller foundation and balance and brighten, lasts all day. you can only get it on QVC here as its from the usa. also recently tried helen e at excel and thats been pretty good xx

Planky i always use my fingers. Double wear is too pricey to have it getting soaked up in a sponge or brush! Its amazing how little you need isn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I like to use a sponge prefer the finish too, if u dampen it first it does my soak up as much . Or the real techniques buffing brush is fab , I'm not a fan of an ordinary foundation brush but this one is completely different .

Double wear light x

Planky i always use my fingers. Double wear is too pricey to have it getting soaked up in a sponge or brush! Its amazing how little you need isn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yeah, no where near what I would use with other foundations!! Which is fab as it should hopefully last a good while :)

Another vote for Doublewear.

I use this sponge. I just wet it and apply a bit of foundation to the back of my hand. I pat the sponge into the foundation and apply it over my face in a kind of dabbing/stippling/rolling motion to press the foundation onto my skin. It doesn't soak up foundation and I use the same amount as I would if I was using my fingers. You have to work quite quickly though. I got mine from Superdrug

Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge Review

I was tossing up between these 2 today and ended up going for the benefit new oxygen one today. I really like it. I didn't want too heavy a coverage but not too light. Somewhere between medium and full coverage and think this one delivers quite well.

I normally use a sponge as I don't like getting it all over my towels by using my hands and no matter how much I wash my hands I always seem to end up with my white towels orange :grr: but I think I will dig out my brush and try it with this one. I will wet the brush first so it does not soak up too much foundation.

Latest posts

Back