Benefit or Double Wear foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiggerlady

Reaction score
Afternoon ladies..Im in the market for a new foundation and was wondering if there would be a clear leader amongst you for a recommendation? I have tried minerals of various types..my skin, although 'mature' can be oily sometimes and cheaper liquid foundations dont last long at all, hence the 'upgrade'!
My niece raves about the benefit one, but was wondering if its only for the youngsters..lol
Any goods or bads would be appreciated.. many thanks x

I love double wear, best foundation I've ever tried! It can make your skin feel dry but if you have good skin prep you should be ok with it. Nothing else I've tried has the staying power of double wear. Im in my 40s and have lost some of my youthful glow lol, so i use benefit high beam too. Just gives skin a nice dewy look. Not tried benefit foundations, sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I love Double Wear and Double Wear Light.

Double Wear is really good

I love mac foundation, works wonders :) and stays on!

I have literally just got back from having a demo of Double Wear Camouflage and bought some. It's A-Mazing! I have been trying to find a foundation that will cover my acne scars and redness and not look like I am caked in make up. After starting a thread on here about whether to look at Bare Minerals or similar, someone (well a few people) have been going on about double wear and how great it was. And they are right! :)

I've just got back and put it on and I love it, my skin feels silky smooth, everything is hidden and my skin looks as flawless as it can given the state of it :lol: A very happy bunny :)

I have literally just got back from having a demo of Double Wear Camouflage and bought some. It's A-Mazing! I have been trying to find a foundation that will cover my acne scars and redness and not look like I am caked in make up. After starting a thread on here about whether to look at Bare Minerals or similar, someone (well a few people) have been going on about double wear and how great it was. And they are right! :)

I've just got back and put it on and I love it, my skin feels silky smooth, everything is hidden and my skin looks as flawless as it can given the state of it :lol: A very happy bunny :)

wow, this stuff sounds amazing, i want some hehe! i do love mac though but if you're saying it covers scars and marks, i NEED it haha!

I've never heard any rave reviews on Benefit foundations. I don't even know the names of them or anything.

Estee Lauder Double Wear is definitely one of the market leaders. It's worth a try to see if it suits you. It's a pain for making you look pale in photos though. And their shade selection isn't great - I'd love to be able to wear it but my nearest shades are either far too light or far too dark.

MAC can be hit and miss, some people claim to have bad breakouts with MAC, and some of their shades can be a bit on the orangey side. BUT, I love Studio Fix Fluid, it's my all-time favourite foundation (but I'm always trying new ones).

Another vote for Estée Lauder double wear :) I love it x

Double wear all the way!!!

Looks like I shall have get get myself off into town to the Estee Lauder counter then! Thanks ladies xx

It's because of threads like this that I'm a DW convert. I've tried just about everything on the market and my face always looked like an oily, patchy mess by lunch time. With Double Wear, my make up looks great all day. :)

I just bought their matte primer and eyeshadow primer, too. FAB products!

I bought double wear 2 weeks ago and it's the best foundation I've used. I have breakouts and scars on my chin and it covers them perfectly and stays on all day. Would not use anything else now.x

oooo ladies i think you just sold it to me too! looking for foundations for my business :D can you mix the colours to make a perfect shade? wheres best to buy it? x

Double wear for sure!! :) x

I could open a shop and sell foundation I have that many and I've tried the lot!!

Double wear wins, I LOVE it!! :Love:

I could open a shop and sell foundation I have that many and I've tried the lot!!

Double wear wins, I LOVE it!! :Love:

Snap!!! I was worried about buying this today because it's yet another one that's so pricey but it is worth every penny and at last I have found a foundation that's a keeper!! Hooray! :)

I have tried both of them - double wear is good. Have a look at Chanel pro lumiere it is amazing!! The best thing to do would be to go to a department store and try samples of them all to see which one you prefer.

Double wear is AMAZING..... But Lancombes new one is pretty good too.... It's marketed to rival double wear I think....:biggrin:

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to make up but Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation is amaze!

I read about it in a mag & thought let's give it a go!

I was a bit dubious at first but after my 3rd bottle I'm hooked, has won awards & is around £9!

Latest posts

Back