Benefits of a Curette -v- cuticle double ended

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi

I purchased a Curette the other day to help me remove the epidermis when doing an infill as sometimes i find my dual tool (like the creative chisel or the double ended cuticle tool) is to big for the job. So my question is how is it best used?

Well if doing a rebalance .... I do all my file preparation first.

Then I soften the skin around each nail with Cuticle Eraser.

Push back the nail folds gently with the rounded end of a sanitied metal pusher.

Then use the curette down each side wall and along the cuticle line to remove any non living tissue. Easy and effective.

geeg said:
Well if doing a rebalance .... I do all my file preparation first.

Then I soften the skin around each nail with Cuticle Eraser.

Push back the nail folds gently with the rounded end of a sanitied metal pusher.

Then use the curette down each side wall and along the cuticle line to remove any non living tissue. Easy and effective.

I used this the other day on a client and for the life of my I could seem to get any non-living tissue of using this with Creative Cuticle Eraser, so I used my dual tool instead, and then I got a result....I could figure out what I was doing wrong other than not holdingit at the correct angle?

Does anybody have any thoughts?

I have 10 nail tech's working in my salons, half prefer a cuticle knife and half prefer the curette, my personal preference is the curette. But...have you tried Creative's CUTICLE REMOVER? This is the most fantastic product..I ain't kidding you..it has eradicated so many lifting problems we had with some clients. Apply like Cuticle Eraser, give it a couple of minutes to do it's magic, wash off with soap and water, then using your curette, simply scoop (like a spoon) away any true cuticle skin along the sidewalls and around the cuticle area, turn your curette upside down (again just like a spoon turned upside down) and gently push softened eponychium back ever so slightly. You will be amazed at the amount of 'gunk' that comes off with this product. AND it's CHEAP!!!!!!
Hope you like it and am sure it will help!!!!
Fiona

fiona wallace said:
I have 10 nail tech's working in my salons, half prefer a cuticle knife and half prefer the curette, my personal preference is the curette. But...have you tried Creative's CUTICLE REMOVER? This is the most fantastic product..I ain't kidding you..it has eradicated so many lifting problems we had with some clients. Apply like Cuticle Eraser, give it a couple of minutes to do it's magic, wash off with soap and water, then using your curette, simply scoop (like a spoon) away any true cuticle skin along the sidewalls and around the cuticle area, turn your curette upside down (again just like a spoon turned upside down) and gently push softened eponychium back ever so slightly. You will be amazed at the amount of 'gunk' that comes off with this product. AND it's CHEAP!!!!!!
Hope you like it and am sure it will help!!!!
Fiona

Hi Fiona, thanks for the post....

As I mentioned above I am using a Cuticle Remover and it is the creative brand...but I still dont get the same gunk coming off with this tool as i do with a chisel - so I am not convinced I am using or holding the Curette correctly..

Fab Freak said:
Hi Fiona, thanks for the post....

As I mentioned above I am using a Cuticle Remover and it is the creative brand...but I still dont get the same gunk coming off with this tool as i do with a chisel - so I am not convinced I am using or holding the Curette correctly..

There are 2 different Creative cuticle removers. One is called Cuticle Eraser an AHA cuticle cream (I still always use this in my prep routine) and then there is, Cuticle Remover, an even more powerful AHA based clearish liquid.

As for how you are holding the curette, not sure how you could be doing this incorrecly, but I would say make sure the 'cup' of the curette is at a 45 degree angle to the nail and apply firm pressure when you use it.

My final word of advise would be to use what works for you the best, and not worry about the curette if you feel it is not removing as well as the chisel. You will definitely use the curette for feet I'm sure.

geeg said:
There are 2 different Creative cuticle removers. One is called Cuticle Eraser an AHA cuticle cream (I still always use this in my prep routine) and then there is, Cuticle Remover, an even more powerful AHA based clearish liquid.

As for how you are holding the curette, not sure how you could be doing this incorrecly, but I would say make sure the 'cup' of the curette is at a 45 degree angle to the nail and apply firm pressure when you use it.

My final word of advise would be to use what works for you the best, and not worry about the curette if you feel it is not removing as well as the chisel. You will definitely use the curette for feet I'm sure.

Thanks Geeg , I do use the Creative 'Cuticle Remover' ( a clear looking gel) - think I am not using enough presure as its a new tool, will have another go tonight..Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back