Best acetone for quicker removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicola Wilson

Reaction score
What acetone/remover do you recommend? I’ve used a few but they seem to take forever to remove my gel polish. Some brands of gel polish remove quicker than others.

I’ve very nearly passed my nail course and planning on setting up a mobile nail business but the amount of time it’s taking me to remove polish will mean my appointments will take ages!

I’ve also seen people add water to the acetone. What do you recommend?

I get mine from Sallys and it takes about 5 mins to remove CND Shellac. I would think adding water hinders the process? x

What acetone/remover do you recommend? I’ve used a few but they seem to take forever to remove my gel polish. Some brands of gel polish remove quicker than others.

I’ve very nearly passed my nail course and planning on setting up a mobile nail business but the amount of time it’s taking me to remove polish will mean my appointments will take ages!

Just a question.....doesn't the gel polish system you’re using have its own branded removal solution?

Therea no nees to buy acetone. The best way to remove gels is to peel them suckers off.

Peeling also takes the surface of the nail with it :eek:

I use CND Shellac mostly but also have Red Carpet which takes an age to soak off!

I’ll try some Sally’s acetone and see if it’s any quicker.

I thought warm water would slow it down too. Surely it dilutes the acetone! Wasn’t sure if there was a secret I wasn’t aware of.

Thanks guys :)

Peeling also takes the surface of the nail with it :eek:

I use CND Shellac mostly but also have Red Carpet which takes an age to soak off!

I’ll try some Sally’s acetone and see if it’s any quicker.

I thought warm water would slow it down too. Surely it dilutes the acetone! Wasn’t sure if there was a secret I wasn’t aware of.

Thanks guys :)

I was just kiddn. You need to purchase 1 gal pure acetone from the nearest nail supply store. The small bottles from convienent stores are very weak.

The 'adding water' you might have heard people referring to may be adding warm water into a second bowl beneath a bowl of acetone to warm it slightly for acrylic soak offs. Soaking like that in general is not necessary though. Wrapping a soaked cotton pad if quite sufficient and better practice :)

Re gel polish removal, either use the remover associated with your brand of gel polish or buy PURE acetone from a BEAUTY supplier (not hardware shop)

Therea no nees to buy acetone. The best way to remove gels is to peel them suckers off.
This will ruin your natural nail by taking layers of you nail off with the gel. Please don't ever do this.

I file off some of the gel polish, wrap in acetone and cotton foil then place something warm (heated towel or a neck warmer that goes in the mirowave) to speed removal. I did end up putting a layer of hard gel under all of my gel polishes so I could just file off instead. My clients like the extra strength and I like the ease of removal by file.

You need to buy an electric gel polish/acrylic steamer from Ebay! It’s a godsend!
Remove the top shine with a file and place hand into steamer ... 10 minutes the polish/acrylic is clean off!

Attachments

• EEC444AB-7631-45DE-89CD-A27437FF0B48.jpeg
    EEC444AB-7631-45DE-89CD-A27437FF0B48.jpeg
    909.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
CND Offly Fast is really good and smells nice too. It is not as dehydrating to the nail either due to the oils it has in it x

Latest posts

Back