Best acrylic brush you've used?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisadevine00

Reaction score
I want to know the best brushes you've used, a cheap one and an expensive one.

I'm a mother with two kids and I'm trying to get going with my own business, obviously this is expensive but I just purchased a brush for 22pound, but I paid for it in euro and paid shipping twice to get it, not gonna say company.

It did come with a cap, I felt like the cap probably didn't help but I've used the acrylic brush maybe 4 times, on myself mainly, I know to clean it and I know how to shape, I was told that the brush had separated because I've not removed glue residue or there's acrylic in it, anyway I've used so much monomer soaking it and I wrapped it over night.

Basically there's a gap down the barrell of the brush like the brush is a ring, it's now splayed from how much I've been cleaning it and trying to shape it, In frustrated and feel like giving up, at first I thought it was me as my clients have been requesting gel so I thought I'd practice acrylic, didn't work, beads were crap, I had a meltdown it was awful, anyway I'll stop whining

Just please someone help
Anyone used a brush from Sally's?
Just until I get a good one

Hiya
I started my business when my 2 kids were little so I do get where you're coming from!

Can you post a pic of the brush? It's a little hard to imagine exactly (well for me anyway lol) although it doesn't sound promising [emoji51]

Are you trained in both acrylic and gel as the application methods are very different (I'm sure you know this but felt I should ask)

I got a pretty good brush from lash base for about £8 btw

Usually when the brush splays it's been damaged.
I've gone through lots in 2 years!
My favourite is Perfect Nails size 10 and my cheaper favourites are all sizes from Nail Artisan. I have 8s, 10s and 12s. I usually use these with glitters as I hate stray bits of glitter where I don't want it.

Hiya
I started my business when my 2 kids were little so I do get where you're coming from!

Can you post a pic of the brush? It's a little hard to imagine exactly (well for me anyway lol) although it doesn't sound promising [emoji51]

Are you trained in both acrylic and gel as the application methods are very different (I'm sure you know this but felt I should ask)

I got a pretty good brush from lash base for about £8 btw
Ooohhh I should have known that earlier! I placed quite an expensive order with lashbase just last night and didn't know anything about their brushes! Guess it's on the list for next order then

Last edited:
I just got rid of the brush, it was just too hard to work with, I got a cheap one, it's the edge no 6 flat, it was the only brush that was going to get to me the fastest lol but Its not too bad especially for people with very small nails, I'll have a look on lash base now, need to get a few brushes in

Yeah trained in both, but learned from my mistakes and made sure to remove residue from the brush I'm using at the minute
Sorry for such a late reply!! But thank you for replying x

Usually when the brush splays it's been damaged.
I've gone through lots in 2 years!
My favourite is Perfect Nails size 10 and my cheaper favourites are all sizes from Nail Artisan. I have 8s, 10s and 12s. I usually use these with glitters as I hate stray bits of glitter where I don't want it.
Can you post the links for both perfect nails and nail artisan brushes? I can't find them online...

Hi everyone I’m just thinking of starting nails and looking for courses and what is the first course I need to start

Ezflow 501 100%
My perfect brush

Latest posts

Back