Best acrylic powder system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailboxnat

Reaction score
Hello fellow nail artists,
I need your valued advice regarding the best acrylic liquid and powder to use, as since returning to nails I've lost touch with the brands and whether to buy from capital, direct or from ebay etc
Not wanting to use high end at the moment as I'm currently waiting to attend a refresher course Local to me in Norfolk. Any advice much appreciated as currently rebuilding my kit.
Regards
Nat 😁

Hi, welcome back to the nails world, it's changed a bit in the last 2/3 years. Don't waste your money on a cheap brand for training as you'll struggle when you move to a better quality product as they all behave differently. Your ratio will be different for each brand.

Have a look at CJP Nail Systems, and CND as two starting points. Both offer great training too

Hi Trinity,
Thanks for the advice, will certainly research further and try a few sample kits as it's the monomer I'm wanting to try as a lot are fast setting although not too many slow setting so may have to go with a medium setting and practice my ratio's a lot 😀
Hi, welcome back to the nails world, it's changed a bit in the last 2/3 years. Don't waste your money on a cheap brand for training as you'll struggle when you move to a better quality product as they all behave differently. Your ratio will be different for each brand.

Have a look at CJP Nail Systems, and CND as two starting points. Both offer great training too

Hi Trinity,
Thanks for the advice, will certainly research further and try a few sample kits as it's the monomer I'm wanting to try as a lot are fast setting although not too many slow setting so may have to go with a medium setting and practice my ratio's a lot 😀

Don't mix and match different brands of powder and monomer. The two are formulated to work together in reputable Pro brands.

Don't mix and match different brands of powder and monomer. The two are formulated to work together in reputable Pro brands.
Thanks Trinity what I meant to say is I will try the kits with the monomer they come with, I wouldn't mix brands , hence asking the question for good brands. 😉

Hello fellow nail artists,
I need your valued advice regarding the best acrylic liquid and powder to use, as since returning to nails I've lost touch with the brands and whether to buy from capital, direct or from ebay etc
Not wanting to use high end at the moment as I'm currently waiting to attend a refresher course Local to me in Norfolk. Any advice much appreciated as currently rebuilding my kit.
Regards
Nat 😁
CJP is the best I've tried, they do try me kits and they do 2 slow setting monomers, The One and The One.2

From memory CJPs try me kit comes with samples of their 3 monomers. Have a look at their Facebook group, loads of helpful support xx

Yes it does, and lots of other stuff for £23 +VAT, it's great value. Sorry, I sound like an advert! 🤣

I’ve used CND since it came on the market, a 100 years ago. It never fails me. I use Retention+ monomer which includes the primer in the formula. I think a medium set up.

I would expect most professional lines to have a sample kit. Please buy from a reputable professional supply or direct from manufacturer. the company’s sites usually tell you where to purchase their products.

I once got stung trying to buy a discontinued Shellac color. Turned out to be fake, bottle and all.

Glad you’re getting back behind the desk.

I’ve used CND since it came on the market, a 100 years ago. It never fails me. I use Retention+ monomer which includes the primer in the formula. I think a medium set up.

I would expect most professional lines to have a sample kit. Please buy from a reputable professional supply or direct from manufacturer. the company’s sites usually tell you where to purchase their products.

I once got stung trying to buy a discontinued Shellac color. Turned out to be fake, bottle and all.

Glad you’re getting back behind the desk.
Thank you 😊
I have now got the app on my phone and I have a few well many items to try.....I shall look forward to buying and trying 🙂
So glad I came back to salon geek it's been my saviour.....all this great advice from fellow nail junkies
Thanks so much....
Nailbox nat x

Latest posts

Back