Best ash tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve got a client with mid golden brown hair which is about 6.3/7.3 but would like me to put an ash on it to give a much cooler result. I applied last time 6.1 which has now faded to this warm brown due to her undertones and was thinking of using majirel 6.11 or 7.11 or bit of both as my concern is the double ash will appear darker overall. I find that majirel carries a lot of warm tones and have heard wella is good at carrying cooler tones, would anyone agree with this? Thank you x

Hi, I’ve got a client with mid golden brown hair which is about 6.3/7.3 but would like me to put an ash on it to give a much cooler result. I applied last time 6.1 which has now faded to this warm brown due to her undertones and was thinking of using majirel 6.11 or 7.11 or bit of both as my concern is the double ash will appear darker overall. I find that majirel carries a lot of warm tones and have heard wella is good at carrying cooler tones, would anyone agree with this? Thank you x
It won't make a difference what brand you use really. Because that underlying pigment will always be there. So even if you used 6.11 eventually it will fade to a warmer colour because that's what's underneath.
You need to lift out those warmer tones and then re colour at 2 levels darker with cool tones.

Have you thought about majirel cool cover?
It’s designed to fight off the warmth creeping back through for longer due to oxidisation, sunlight etc.

Is she naturally a 6.3/7.3? Did you use a base 6 with the 6.1?

I did out this formula for you
NB :6
SR 6.11
L/L 0 -20vol
U/C 8 - yellow
Result - 6.11 over yellow

So we need to stabilise the base as the undercoat achieved is not compatible with 6.11. however Cool colour and ashes will always appear 1/2 -1 shade darker, so we need to move to 7’s
Formula: on regrowth
25ml CC7 + 25ml CC7.11 + 75ml 20v oxydant
Lengths & Ends Dialight 7.1 or even amounts of clear and 6.1.

Have you thought about majirel cool cover?
It’s designed to fight off the warmth creeping back through for longer due to oxidisation, sunlight etc.

Is she naturally a 6.3/7.3? Did you use a base 6 with the 6.1?

I did out this formula for you
NB :6
SR 6.11
L/L 0 -20vol
U/C 8 - yellow
Result - 6.11 over yellow

So we need to stabilise the base as the undercoat achieved is not compatible with 6.11. however Cool colour and ashes will always appear 1/2 -1 shade darker, so we need to move to 7’s
Formula: on regrowth
25ml CC7 + 25ml CC7.11 + 75ml 20v oxydant
Lengths & Ends Dialight 7.1 or even amounts of clear and 6.1.
Thank you for this , I haven’t used the cool cover range yet but yea sounds like a good thing to go to, seems silly bleaching it all out to darken it back down again especially because of the warm under pigment ide have to pre lighten it a lot to get past any orange! I previously coloured it 6 and 6.1 but over time it has faded and shows the gold tones from her natural and old previous golden colours. It’s in between a 6.3 and 7.3 so very golden. I’m sure I can neutralise it with a tint for now until it needs touching up and yes I agree to go for a 7 due to it darkening with the ash x

I’ve used majirel cool cover and had good results but underlying warmth is still going to show through.
I found Demi permanent (I used Redken Eq) worked much better.

Thank you for this , I haven’t used the cool cover range yet but yea sounds like a good thing to go to, seems silly bleaching it all out to darken it back down again especially because of the warm under pigment ide have to pre lighten it a lot to get past any orange! I previously coloured it 6 and 6.1 but over time it has faded and shows the gold tones from her natural and old previous golden colours. It’s in between a 6.3 and 7.3 so very golden. I’m sure I can neutralise it with a tint for now until it needs touching up and yes I agree to go for a 7 due to it darkening with the ash x
For in betweens you could use 7.01 in Dialight

7.81 or 5.81 wella illumina (it’s got the blue tine you need!) mix the 2 together if you need a level 6 it’s the best ash for knocking out warmth

Latest posts

Back