Best bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combsandbrushes

Reaction score
Hey. Just wanted to ask what everyone's favourite bleach was? For on scalp and foils?

All of the silk lifts, Schwarzkopf vario blue & blondor, d colour is ok too

My favorite bleach, by far, is the Schwarzkopf Blondeme bleach! It lifts 9 levels and the Blondeme toners are amazing as well.

I love Solaris! Specially if you like to balayage

My favorite bleach, by far, is the Schwarzkopf Blondeme bleach! It lifts 9 levels and the Blondeme toners are amazing as well.
I second blondme!!! I swear by blondme I actually am 'suffering' currently with yellow roots because NO bleach will make them white enough apart from blondme haha *the struggle is real because it's not as if my hair is platinum, it's full on paper white/whiter than paper* blondme by far, I actually like to use it with Schwarzkopf Igora royal oil developer, i use 30 on my roots/on-scalp application because it doesn't burn (in my opinion) because of the increased oil content in it, but you can obviously use 20 or 10 if you wanted to, I've only ever used 30 and 40 on my own hair though, never used 10 or 20 haha on myself anyway :p

2nd favourite is vario blond!!

I kind of hate L'Oreal multi techniques, I bought 4 tubs of it lol and i really dislike it lol! my poor roots are too yellow and i did it twice with it!!

oh by the way, do NOT foil blondme bleach though, it's not the type of bleach you mix with foils, it will damage the hair if you foil it *well, damage it more than if you hadn't foiled it, for foils I'd use vario blond

oh by the way, do NOT foil blondme bleach though, it's not the type of bleach you mix with foils, it will damage the hair if you foil it *well, damage it more than if you hadn't foiled it, for foils I'd use vario blond

I always foil with blond me and have never had a problem. It doesn't say not to use with foil so can you explain your reason for that comment ??!

I
I always foil with blond me and have never had a problem. It doesn't say not to use with foil so can you explain your reason for that comment ??!
it does say not to foil/use artificial heat

Suitable for all techniques

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    169 KB · Views: 200
Agh I don't have a tub on me, but i'm SURE it says not to use with artificial heat, and external heat is artificial/secondary heat.... Blondme bleach becomes EXTREMELY hot in foils, like unnaturally hot, dangerously hot.... there are threads also explaining this, and i would of liked to have explained it better but don't have the actual tub with the direct manufacturers cautions/warnings xx

I use blondme 9+ for foiling and get good results. However it is a very strong lightener and I only use it when I need super light results on dark hair and avoid overlapping as much as possible. For foiling the consistency is a little too liquid though for my liking so I mostly use it on full head application. With heat in foils it will drip/liquify so really don't do that!

Agh I don't have a tub on me, but i'm SURE it says not to use with artificial heat, and external heat is artificial/secondary heat.... Blondme bleach becomes EXTREMELY hot in foils, like unnaturally hot, dangerously hot.... there are threads also explaining this, and i would of liked to have explained it better but don't have the actual tub with the direct manufacturers cautions/warnings xx

Well blow me down, natural and unnatural heat.
Artificial and Real heat even.

So, if it's artificial, is it only pretend hot?
Can you get 100% organic heat too?
I'm sure that must be better for you. :D

Well blow me down, natural and unnatural heat.
Artificial and Real heat even.

So, if it's artificial, is it only pretend hot?
Can you get 100% organic heat too?
I'm sure that must be better for you. :D
Natural heat (which isnt totally natural brcause its a reaction) would be scalp heat and whatwwr warmth the chemical causes/produces

Artificial is heat you've added externally such as foils, meche, saran wrap, caps, lamps, dryers

Natural heat (which isnt totally natural brcause its a reaction) would be scalp heat and whatwwr warmth the chemical causes/produces
Artificial is heat you've added externally such as foils, meche, saran wrap, caps, lamps, dryers

I know what you're trying to explain but you're causing confusion by your inaccurate use of terminology.

Heat = energy.
Foil (on its own) doesn't create heat, otherwise you couldn't store it in your kitchen cupboards or wrap your sarnies in it to keep them COLD.

Foil helps things stay hot or keeps them cold.

Dryers and lamps produce heat.
Your body inc.scalp produces heat.

A sheet of foil does not produce heat.

Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down when exposed to the air and the oxidation process produces heat.

Therefore, when doing a root retouch, heat will be generated by the bleach mix reacting and also by the scalp. If you added a further heat source such as a dryer, you'd be adding a third source of heat to the equation which leads to over processing.

I know what you're trying to explain but you're causing confusion by your inaccurate use of terminology.

Heat = energy.
Foil (on its own) doesn't create heat, otherwise you couldn't store it in your kitchen cupboards or wrap your sarnies in it to keep them COLD.

Foil helps things stay hot or keeps them cold.

Dryers and lamps produce heat.
Your body inc.scalp produces heat.

A sheet of foil does not produce heat.

Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down when exposed to the air and the oxidation process produces heat.

Therefore, when doing a root retouch, heat will be generated by the bleach mix reacting and also by the scalp. If you added a further heat source such as a dryer, you'd be adding a third source of heat to the equation which leads to over processing.
Yes, sorry i did use the wrong terms, but that's what I'm saying, if you use foil or lamps and such it does cause more damage, sure maybe not 'damage damage' but it causes more damage than using no heat/foil/lamps, and especially with blondme which says on the back not to use with foils because it isn't the type of bleach you're supposed to mix with energy or heat from lamps and such, I forget the name, but there's a term for bleaches that have an adverse effect to foils and lamps, blondme gets too hot in foils like radiator burning hot lol! I'm very sure it says this on their warnings/cautions but i can't say 100% as i haven't got a tub on me and can't find the back information on google.

Blondme premium 9+ is suitable for ALL techniques.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466954467.562066.jpg

Latest posts

Back