Best Blending tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy83

Reaction score
Hi all,

can anyone advise as to which tips are good or best for blending......i currently use the edge active tips....:smack:

i use millennium square they are great to blend and cheep i started with star nails ultraform they are just as good but cost a bit more.

The new creative tips called performance are excellent. There's no contact area and you dont need to thin them before you apply them, you just stick them on and blend, and they really do blend quickly and effectively. I would recommend these (that is if you can get some creative stock!)
Also, I must confess, I bought some cheap tips off e bay, just for use on the nail trainer. They are poor quality but because they're a bit flimsy they blend really easily, so if youre after some to practice you might want to give them a go since they are less than £10 for 500 tips, I wouldnt use them on real hands though personally.

Thanks girls, i'll give them a try. i currently use a 240 grit file to blend them which i was trained with but have noticed a few people using a sanding block. can i ask what you use?

Personally I blend with a 180 grit. I keep it parralel so I dont get the natural nail and I cover the natural nail with my thumb so I cant accidentally file it. When I trained I was told never use less than a 240 on the natural nail so wondered why I was told to blend with a 180, but I was told that in blending this way you wont get the natural nail. It didnt sound possible, but in practice I've found that doing it this way doesnt catch the natural nail, just be careful to keep your abrasive parralel

I use 180 grit files, I would be filing for ages using a 240. When you do find tips and files you find you get on well with stick with them.:)

thanks girls!!

I love velocity tips by CND, they are really easy to blend, and I find that they are a good fit for most clients.:)

I love the EXACT tips from INM they are the same as creatives performance tips but a bit cheaper hth

Personally I blend with a 180 grit. I keep it parralel so I dont get the natural nail and I cover the natural nail with my thumb so I cant accidentally file it. When I trained I was told never use less than a 240 on the natural nail so wondered why I was told to blend with a 180, but I was told that in blending this way you wont get the natural nail. It didnt sound possible, but in practice I've found that doing it this way doesnt catch the natural nail, just be careful to keep your abrasive parralel

Just a thought but surely by putting your finger on their nails you could transfer oils onto their nail plates. Maybe im just a bit fussy with my enhancements but I avoid touching their nail plates as much as i can. xx

Just a thought but surely by putting your finger on their nails you could transfer oils onto their nail plates. Maybe im just a bit fussy with my enhancements but I avoid touching their nail plates as much as i can. xx

I know what you mean. In addition to cleansing the nail plate before tipping, I also scrubfresh the natural nail but not the tip (as it cracks) before applying the product so this removes any oils that I might transfer.

hi hun,

where is INM can't find it under that on the internet, I am a complete beginner no courses just practice on my own nails and use sally products because i don't know of any othes apart from nsi who seem expensive. Also I have a airbrush and would love to do smile lines on myself but don't know what do use as a stencil that i can hold down and also use the airbrush any ideas ?

hi hun,

where is INM can't find it under that on the internet, I am a complete beginner no courses just practice on my own nails and use sally products because i don't know of any othes apart from nsi who seem expensive. Also I have a airbrush and would love to do smile lines on myself but don't know what do use as a stencil that i can hold down and also use the airbrush any ideas ?
As you havent trained we cant really advise you in professional products
Sorry hun,
you could just use the guides for your smile lines that can be bought in chemists, not very professional i know but that is all i can advise for you really,
if you want some really helpful advise i would truly say go and get some training, if you enjoy doing nails you may as well learn to do them correctly :hug:

Latest posts

Back