Best brand of gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy952

Reaction score
I have just qualified in manicures and gel polish and am wondering which brand of gel nail polish I should be investing in? Shellac is the most obvious but Gellish has also been suggested as a good quality polish that lasts, but they are also very expensive to buty. I want to make sure I products that are going to last rather than a polish that is going to start lifting after a week or so. Has anyone used Halo? That is what we used on the course. Does it last?

Thank you in advance for your help x

Last edited:
Hi

I only have experience of using IBD just gel but I love it. They have a lovely range of colours and I find if you use it with their power bond it's literally cemented on. I've had no lifting, peeling or chipping. I love my collection! I would say probably which ever one you choose would be fine as they are professional products, it probably just comes down to personal choice. Good to get opinions before you invest in a whole system x

Hi i love shellac never thought I would try a different brand but I am now loving opi and Essie there gel polish goes on so nice. I would say buy a few different brands only one bottle of each brand you want to try and see which one you like as every one is different Hun good luck and keep us updated x

I have just qualified in manicures and gel polish and am wondering which brand of gel nail polish I should be investing in? Shellac is the most obvious but Gellish has also been suggested as a good quality polish that lasts, but they are also very expensive to buty. I want to make sure I products that are going to last rather than a polish that is going to start lifting after a week or so. Has anyone used Halo? That is what we used on the course. Does it last?

Thank you in advance for your help x
Hi there
i use IBD & have no complaints. Most of my clients can easily go 3 weeks before next appointment. I am also looking into trying 'tge gel bottle' as ive heard so many goid reviews about this brand

I too have just passed and use Gelaze and LOVE it. One of my first clients being my mum had them on for 8 weeks with no chips or scratches. I was amazed. Ok it is £xxx a bottle but the bottles are a little bigger than CND so will go a little further plus if you do any courses with them you get a discount to make each bottle just over £xxx

Also they have lovely colours and finishes.
IMG_3189.JPG

[no trade prices please - thanks]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
I became self employed this year and was so excited to buy into OPI gel color. Which I did and it is amazing but so expensive! I noticed a new brand called 'halo' by pure nails.....
Oh my god! Amazing. And 1/3 of the price of OPI and is so long lasting I use them alongside of my OPI but soooo wish I just bought into this range But definatley give them a try I've tried gelish and it didn't work for eveyone, seem to lift quite easily, ibd was good but the colour range isn't as nice Xx

Canni Gel polish is the best. It is inexpensive and I have had the best results on all my clients I've been a nail tech for 7 1/2 years and have used all the big brands, but will always choose the Canni line.

Canni Gel polish is the best. It is inexpensive and I have had the best results on all my clients I've been a nail tech for 7 1/2 years and have used all the big brands, but will always choose the Canni line.

Do you use Venalisa hun or just the Canni Gel please?

Do you use Venalisa hun or just the Canni Gel please?

Just so you know, unfortunately the poster you’ve quoted hasn’t logged into this site since October last year.

Hi!
I became self employed this year and was so excited to buy into OPI gel color. Which I did and it is amazing but so expensive! I noticed a new brand called 'halo' by pure nails.....
Oh my god! Amazing. And 1/3 of the price of OPI and is so long lasting I use them alongside of my OPI but soooo wish I just bought into this range But definatley give them a try I've tried gelish and it didn't work for eveyone, seem to lift quite easily, ibd was good but the colour range isn't as nice Xx

I’m about to try halo [emoji846]

I use both shellac and halo, both fantastic and great staying power, I chose to use both simply to add more variety of colours as halo have some gorgeous glittery ones xxx

I use both shellac and halo, both fantastic and great staying power, I chose to use both simply to add more variety of colours as halo have some gorgeous glittery ones xxx
Thank you I ordered a couple of halo to try

I use Rosalind which is cheap, organic and good. I've just came across claw cultures which is really good.

CND. You already know, baby!

I love “Gel Bottle” I trained with Nail Harmony, and I have many Gelish colours, however, if I had to start again, it would be the Gel bottle all the way [emoji1360] x

There really is no "best" brand. It really depends on your business, your clients, and your needs. That's why there's half a bajillion brands out there! And often what makes a brand better is not what's in the bottle but is in its customer service, supporting products, education, vendors, training, stock availability, whether it's cruelty free, etc. And remember that product cost is really a small part of your costs, so don't let price skew your decision too much.

That said, OPI GelColor is my go-to choice for gel polish. The base coats are hybrid, which makes for easy removals, the colors are iconic and come in gel, Infinite Shine, and regular lacquer. I also love Cuccio, Perfect Match and Artistic Color Gloss.

There really is no "best" brand. It really depends on your business, your clients, and your needs. That's why there's half a bajillion brands out there! And often what makes a brand better is not what's in the bottle but is in its customer service, supporting products, education, vendors, training, stock availability, whether it's cruelty free, etc. And remember that product cost is really a small part of your costs, so don't let price skew your decision too much.

That said, OPI GelColor is my go-to choice for gel polish. The base coats are hybrid, which makes for easy removals, the colors are iconic and come in gel, Infinite Shine, and regular lacquer. I also love Cuccio, Perfect Match and Artistic Color Gloss.

Thank you

Me too x

Latest posts

Back