Best brand of styling chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What brand do you like best? Which is the comfiest?

I'm looking for a chair for my basement, I found a few that I like.. heres my favorite.
Minerva Factory Store - 2206 Styling Chair - $169

It looks comfortable, and the price isn't bad. What do you think?

What brand do you like best? Which is the comfiest?

I'm looking for a chair for my basement, I found a few that I like.. heres my favorite.
Minerva Factory Store - 2206 Styling Chair - $169

It looks comfortable, and the price isn't bad. What do you think?

Hi there and welcome ,
they all look great and comfy but I would say go and have a sit on them and take a friend/ pretend client with you ,
the reasons being is that;

Some chairs go far too high up the clients back, and if you are cutting long hair the back part will get in the way,

Also sit down in the chair and place your arms on the arm rests whilst looking in the mirror do they throw your shoulders up?

if it does throw your shoulders up it will do the same to the clients and the cut can become harder to get at and harder to judge with hunched up shoulders ,
So look out for lower arm rests,
as it becomes annoying to tell clients to take their arms off the arm rests so you can do their hair properly for both you and the client ,

another thing about arm rests is;
ask yourself will the hair dryer cable or other tool cables keep getting caught around them,

Most important , if you are small or of medium height?
is to see how low it is able to go.

Place your friend/ client in the seat and pump them up to max height , is it high enough for you ?

Now release it to go right the way down to minimum height is it low enough for you ?
This is Very important because this is where you will become very strained if your working position is too high for you and it cannot be lowered any more
So if you are small or medium height go for a chair that will go in the very lowest position for you , as you will also get tall clients ,

If you get a chair that does not go low enough for you ,
you will soon be aching all over and it will give you RSI
hope this helps :hug: x

Wow, thanks for all the advice. I'm going to my first hair show in two mondays so I will be able to test them out!!

Latest posts

Back