Best dark spray tan colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalGlamour

Reaction score
Hiya... I have tried to find my answer in the search... but have found nothing that specifically answers my question... Wondered if any tan ladies can help me?

What is the best DARK tan solution (18% or 20%) that you would recommend leaving a relatively natural / nice looking tan?

I was using OMG 16% & 20% but have recently been told that the wear off it a little pants, and blotchy so have been looking at getting a new brand... A girl who used to do tans by me recommend the LA Tan 18% but I haven't seen any examples of what it looks like...

Comments & experience please girls... We all have a client or 2 that likes the dark tan look!

Thanks in advance...:lol:

either our Organics 14% ,Tandare 18% our NKD 14% and our brand new EGO 14% body bronzing lotions all offer a deep dark tropical tan outcome with excellent longevity and fade of characteristics
HTH

picture - la disco (18%)

I have also found nouvatan 20% gives a nice natural brown, this gives a more brown brown.

Attachments

• disco.jpg
    disco.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,775
Ive used disco and it is good. However the wear of any dark tan 18% will prob depend on the clients natural colouring to begin with if they're really fair and are going to have such a dark tan then the wear off will look terrible x

thank you for posting a pic kizzcat... very helpful :)

i have seen lots of post on here about nouvatan and have been seriously thinking of switching to that... :)

Have you tried using booster drops to your usual tanning solution? It'll save you having to buy in a whole new product that you may not use too often. I use Sienna x and find the fade very even, especially if you retail your client the extend and perfect.:)

@ Bourne Beauty ... Thank you what a good idea, I use the Sienna 12% for most of my clients and they love it (and I do too!) ... But have been using OMG 16% & 20%, I've been told the colour was good until it started to fade, then it went patchy and snake-skin like, after reading lost of threads on here, it seems that people find this with that brand... I'm thinking of switching to LA Tan or Nouvatan now... x

Thank you... What a great thread, really enjoyed looking through all the different tans... I was very impressed with Nouvatan 14%... x

thing is, if the clients skin can not tolerate the level of DHA saturation, then it doesnt matter what solution you change to. if a client's skin can only tolerate a 10% solution then spraying them with a 18 or 20% solution is gonna give you the same outcome regardless of solution.

I use LA disco for those that want a "dark" tan, usuallly you find the 16-20 year olds so I tell them that I have a solution that will make them the darkness they require but that it may not fade very well. This is one of the reasons I stock the LA disco as well as the Nouvatan 20 because teh disco just has the darker edge on the nouvatan (even though it is a higher percentage). good luck with your search, get some samples that will help make your mind up for what you want

Gimme Brown 14% or City Tan™ Miami (You can shower after 30mins for alight tan, 60 mins medium or 90 mins for fully developed. No point leaving on longer as the reaction os shut down after this time.) Both are great for warm skin toned clients who tan easily.

Very few skin types can handle more than 16% you will just go orange if you overload the keratin with DHA.

Latest posts

Back