best $ exchange rate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i need to buy some american dollars.
does anyone know where i can get more for my money, or is it the same everywhere?

wowza where are we off to this time:hug:!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop around hun LOADS of places will price match.

Just be careful you take into consideration commission.

Last time we went i got my dollars from the post office.

But i'm interested to see how this thread goes:wink2::wink2:

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wowza where are we off to this time:hug:!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop around hun LOADS of places will price match.

Just be careful you take into consideration commission.

Last time we went i got my dollars from the post office.

But i'm interested to see how this thread goes:wink2::wink2:

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i'm going to the orlando premierre trade show in june !!!!

i'm going to the orlando premierre trade show in june !!!!

you lucky git:green: room in case for a little one????????????????????????????????

you lucky git:green: room in case for a little one????????????????????????????????

well i'm taking my firstborn as her 21st birthday pressie.
obviously the trip is all for her really, i'm just going along with it:lol:

no way do you have a 21 yr old:eek::eek:

enjoy !

make sure you do all the parks....and water parks....seaworld....and then.............................do em again !

Amb xxx

Hi,
Go in to your local branch of Thomas Cook and ask them for a VIP rate on the US Dollar. To get the very best rate you need to spend a minimum of £500.00 . I would really recommend the new Thomas Cook travellers cheque card! I used it in Nov, when it was a new product and its really great. Its like a debit card, you can activate it with a minimum of £200.00 and you set the rate for your dollars at the time of purchase. The card is free, you can top it up whenever you like at Thomas Cook or on the net. All shops that take debit/credit cards are set up to take it as you get a pin number with it, so its really secure. You can check you balance online or at the cashpoint and also make withdrawals with it. Its just like a travellers cheque but much easier and has more benefits. If you lose it,replacement funds will be made within 24 hrs. I hope this helps, if you lived closer, I'd ensure that you got a great rate if you came in to my branch!! If you need any advice, just ask. By the way, the rate has been dropping daily all month so I'd suggest you get some now if poss.

Sam x

try moneycorp , i know a lot of peeps have used that :green:

You'll get more dollars for your money if you get your currency at the Post Office or Marks & Spencer ... all cash transactions are commission free!

PS: If you have any room in your suitcase, save a space for me, please :hug:

You'll get more dollars for your money if you get your currency at the Post Office or Marks & Spencer ... all cash transactions are commission free!

PS: If you have any room in your suitcase, save a space for me, please :hug:

i do wonder though if those who dont charge commision give a lower rate of exchange.

i was wondering if i could get a better deal if i found someone giving a great exchange rate but maybe taking a small commision :confused::confused:

I work for one of the large Multiple agencies and we have a really large Foreign Exchange Bureaux. Basically we all mystery shop each other every morning to fnd out who has got what rates. Thomas Cook do not charge commission on ccy or ccy travellaers cheques, however we do charge for sterling tc's as there is no money to be made in the transaction otherwise. As I said before, you must ask for the VIP rte if you are spending over £500, like most things if you dont ask, you dont get! Most of us are well within the same range on dollars, if you are shopping around try to ask " how many dollars wil i get for xxx amount?" you can then gauge the difference as its normally a really minimal amount. I have often asked customers if they are wanting to walk to the other end of town in the pouring rain to save 7pence? quite often they dont realise that the number after the decimal point is just a very small fraction of the cost.

Hope this helps.

Sam x

Latest posts

Back